• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sporting Boasts Thread

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is thread where the people of OT can come together and praise/critcise themselves for their stunning, or not so stunning, recent (or past) sporting results and achievements.

On Saturday, I played a 7 a side soccer tournament, where we came 5th out of 12 teams, which wasn't bad as we were the youngest team there. I let in one very easy goal (I play keeper), but other than that didn't have to do much.

Today, I played cricket. Opening the bowling, I got the first 3 wickets off my 7 overs, but went for a shocking 46. I bowled way too many shorter balls, which were all deservedly smashed to the boundary. On the plus side, I dismissed one of the clubs best hitters--he hit me for six, then tried to block the next ball, which swung away a bit and got the edge. We restricted them to 9 for 123 off 35 overs, which was very gettable.
Then we batted- I was coming in at a a very elevated position of number 5 (usually 8-10), and was in within five overs or so. The two bowlers were probably the fastest two of the club, or close to it, and I hoped to bat out their 7 overs each and then I'd be set. I eventually made 9, with a very uncharacteristic and surprising (especially to me) cover drive, before I was bowled, with only four balls left from the pacemen. We were all out for 61, and my 9 was the top score, depressingly enough.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
whaat lol :P well not much big moments lately...as my hockey team is last in table...im the right midfielder..i give an avg of 10 assist per match...but our strikers arent sharp enough :(
had a cricket tourny 3 weeks ago made 20* and 6 :( for the rest nothing special... :P ill keep you updated once my cricket season starts :-)

andyc

barmyarmy said:
I once hit a boundary batting at number 11 but was bowled next ball. Um, that's it...
lol with the cover drive boundary i hit today, it brings my grand total up to two, after about 20 odd games for the club

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
lol ive hit so many 4s in my life still only stuck at 1 six :( hit my 1st six in my life in the last match (youth match had some senior matches left) of the season...maybe it comming then :P was a huge on 2 :D twas a double football field and i hit it over theyre nets....

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
andyc said:
lol with the cover drive boundary i hit today, it brings my grand total up to two, after about 20 odd games for the club
'cover drive' involving footwork and timing. Whoa. Mine was a cross-bat hoik through midwicket. I see myself as a traditional England all-rounder: can't bat, can't bowl, kinda like Anthony McGrath.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sporting Boasts...

- Two 80's (one in college cricket was off 54 balls, the other took 40 overs)

- I've taken six five wicket hauls, best of 6-28

I was called the best junior spinner that my college ever had.. I don't know whats gone wrong in the last two years!

I now bowl less impressively and am playing badminton, where I captain my college (or did) and we won our division of the Taunton league quite easily..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I once hit Harold Rhodes for 4.

I also took the wicket of a player who was valued at over a million pounds. He was Gary Birtles (footballer for Nothingham Forest and Scumchester Untied).

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
cricket wise
- Scored 3 unbeaten hundreds
- Taken 7 for twice and a few other 5 wicket hauls
- Taken a hat trick (more **** but hey it'll do)
- Hit a 4 off the last ball to win a game

golf wise
- Got a hole in one

i think that's about it really

Son Of Coco

Cricket

- hit Michael Bevan in the testicles.

- B/B: 7/8 (but that was in Devon B Div)

- 1st Grade B/B: 6/30 Batting: 56

- taken hat-trick.

Golf

- shot 69 (-3)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Son Of Coco said:
Cricket

- hit Michael Bevan in the testicles.

- B/B: 7/8 (but that was in Devon B Div)

- 1st Grade B/B: 6/30 Batting: 56

- taken hat-trick.

Golf

- shot 69 (-3)
How did that happen ?

Son Of Coco

Slats4ever said:
holy crap dude. what's ur handicap?
It was 5 then, a very good day at the course haha. I was -5 after 10 holes. It went down to 3 after that. I don't play much anymore though, that was about 6 years ago.