• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sporting Boasts Thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Two goals in a football match
(we won 10-0, I think)...and that's how many I've scored in my entire career, too (about 35 games).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
kwek said:
How did that happen ?
haha, we had a game against the NSW team when they were travelling up to play QLD a few years back. It was a bit of a 'promoting cricket' thing. He inside edged one onto his box, so it wasn't all my doing. It was pretty funny though cause he went down and everyone in the crowd started laughing :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
BB of 6/21 from 10 overs in an ODI
Also took 5/6 last season off 8 overs.
8 wickets in a two-dayer best return.
Top score of 53* off about 45 balls and a couple of other scores in the 40s.
Won a senior match for my club team in Dunedin by going to leave a ball from Mark Billcliff (his brother played for Canada at the World Cup) and the inside edge making it to the boundary. :laugh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I once scored 62 not out off 23 balls to win a game for my team.
I once scored 2 runs in a partnership of 80.
I once scored 5 runs in a partnership of 62.
I watched Graham Thorpe take a net heading into his injury comeback Test in 2001.
I once defended 2 runs need off the final over of a game with 4 wickets in hand, taking 3 wickets and fielding the final ball of the over.
I once scored 36 points in a basketball game, showing strong inside presence.
I once joined some Aussie tourists in heckling Stuart MacGill whilst he fielded at fine leg.
I once got medical attention from the Trinidad and Tobago physio during a match between T&T and Guyana. As a result, I got a personal messgae/autograph from Phil Simmons.
I once interviewed Sir Richard Hadlee and Geoff Allott.

And greatest of all...
I was part of perhaps the most unusual run out in the history of cricket.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, and I've played alongside Mark Richardson and Brendon McCullum in cricket, and Ulster centre Shane Stewart in rugby.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ooh. So you saw Bob first hand then? How honoured are you! Would Dravid really envy his defence?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ooh. So you saw Bob first hand then? How honoured are you! Would Dravid really envy his defence?
No, he was far too busy on his mobile phone in the dressing room, negotiating with about 15 teams for his services.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Did he fix it back after?
Nah, I was giving him throwdowns.. I think I threw the ball back to Wavell Hinds and got some treatment!
Jimmy Struck me as being one of the finest blokes in cricket.. Absolute legend

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
No, he was far too busy on his mobile phone in the dressing room, negotiating with about 15 teams for his services.
and orchestrating his election campaign, id imagine.