• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst injurie you have suffered playing cricket.

cricket player

International Debutant
Playing a practice match this saturday,The freaken captain shouting at me,back up back the crapy keeper up,I did so and got hit badly in the arm with the ball,It hurts so bad,The guy who weights around 200 threw the ball like cairns and hit me in the arm while I was backing up the keeper :)

what was yours?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ummm never been injured playing cricket, although i once dislocated my little finger, but i just got one of my team-mate's, who's a doctor or physio or something. to put it back in place and continued, wasnt anything big.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I've suffered a few minor injuries while playing, none really serious like breaking any bones fortunately (touch wood).

Is your arm now bruised in any way, Cricket Player?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Never anything serious. Been hit with full blooded throws occasionally (usually when running) but usually ends in a bruise, no more.

benchmark00

I just remembered! what an idiot i am.... i once broke my toe in the nets against the bowling machine in the nets, i tried to be a hero and turn it up to like 156km/h...
Coach: You sure you wanna do this
Me: yeah i'll be right (famous last words)

_Ed_

A few massive bruises on my thighs, maybe a thigh pad would help? Can also say from experience that the box doesn't completely prevent pain.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
A few massive bruises on my thighs, maybe a thigh pad would help? Can also say from experience that the box doesn't completely prevent pain.
Telling us a little bit extra there, buddy? :D

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Personally never bothered with a thigh pad, whatever comes will come... never been hit in the box, long may it continue.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
Personally never bothered with a thigh pad, whatever comes will come... never been hit in the box, long may it continue.

haha thigh pads, where ever i put it, more round the front or more round the side, i always get hit next to it and not on it :|

Isolator

State 12th Man
Sprained my ankle pretty badly while taking a run... this happened in a park we play in, which has holes and depressions and such all over the place. So my foot went into one of those and I had to wear a cast for a month and couldn't play for a while after it was removed. The cool thing is I got to bunk a lot of college.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hit in the you know where without wearing a box - boy did that hurt - was rolling around on the ground for like 5 minutes with everyone ****ing themselves laughing! :crybaby:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
James said:
Hit in the you know where without wearing a box - boy did that hurt - was rolling around on the ground for like 5 minutes with everyone ****ing themselves laughing! :crybaby:
Why. would. you. not. wear. a. box.

?

???

?????????????????????????????

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
James said:
It was at practice and I forgot didn't I. Bad mistake that was :D
I would never, never, never, never let some guy hurtle a hard ball at me without something more repellent than a layer of clothing (I presume you didn't forget your pants as well).

Craig

World Traveller
James said:
*Drops to the ground in agony*

(Would laugh but this is the Boss here and he may get upset and ban me :ph34r: :p )