• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst injurie you have suffered playing cricket.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Took a catch in the slips on the end of my fingers and broke one of them. Aside from that just a couple of muscle strains and so on.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i tore my archillies plying for nsw u17's in a tournament in act

hurt like hell...sound slike a gun shot! BANG!!!!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i have fainted once after a six-over spell, not overly long i know, but i was gone. everything went really bright and then i was gone. haha it was at St Leonard oval as well, a good 200, 300 people watching! thats not really an injury though i guess, eh?

so just a twisted wrist, winded, a few bruises and bumps, nothing huge :)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
benchmark00 said:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

you were seeing triple....

These jokes arent getting any better...
The whole thing sounds like a joke. It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with the 'spitting' incident at the World Series baseball match.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
The whole thing sounds like a joke. It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with the 'spitting' incident at the World Series baseball match.
Ahahaha, classic...

Marius

International Debutant
About ten years ago I was batting in the nets, not wearing the helmet I'd got for Christmas about four years ago. My friend comes up to bowl and he either bowled a bouncer or I top edged a pull (I can't remember now, as I say it happened ten years ago). Anyway I top edged the ball into my face, which broke my glasses, forcing a shard of glass up into my eye, between my eyeball and eyebrow. I had to get 17 stitches, not that the cut was that big, but to reduce scarring the doctor made the stitches really small. I was very lucky, and could have been blinded in that eye. Needless to say I always wear my helmet now, whether it be in a game or at practice.

savill

School Boy/Girl Captain
Originally Posted by Marius
About ten years ago I was batting in the nets, not wearing the helmet I'd got for Christmas about four years ago. My friend comes up to bowl and he either bowled a bouncer or I top edged a pull (I can't remember now, as I say it happened ten years ago). Anyway I top edged the ball into my face, which broke my glasses, forcing a shard of glass up into my eye, between my eyeball and eyebrow. I had to get 17 stitches, not that the cut was that big, but to reduce scarring the doctor made the stitches really small. I was very lucky, and could have been blinded in that eye. Needless to say I always wear my helmet now, whether it be in a game or at practice.
Sounds like Warne-Vettori on 12th Man/Final Dig...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Marius said:
Ack. When I was in England a few years ago I stopped to watch a club match for a few minutes on my way somewhere and saw that happen to someone. Horrific injury.

Swervy

International Captain
a couple of seasons ago, in the first 2 months of the season, I damaged, in turn ,9 of my 10 fingers in separate incidents on the cricket pitch....the worst being when backing up a throw, the ball landed right on the tip of my little finger on my right hand. It immediately developed a kink from the top joint..stupidly I didnt get it seen to, and now it is still bent with a nasty lump on it.

I have done my left hamstring twice as well...possibly the worst pain I have ever felt..that kinda snap feeling just as it happens is very unpleasent

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Worst cricket injury - did something to my lower back while bowling in the nets once. I still dont know what it was (neither does the physio) though one possibility was that one of the vertebrae was rotated out of alighnment with the rest. It didnt hurt that much though but it took a couple of months to get back to bowling. I didnt miss any games though and still batted - strangely scoring two fifties in a row the next two weeks after doing that.

I didnt do it while playing cricket but obviously it has kept me out of a whole season...I tore my ACL, medial ligament and lateral meniscus cartilage in my knee in a soccer game....now that hurt like hell

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sir Redman said:
Worst cricket injury - did something to my lower back while bowling in the nets once. I still dont know what it was (neither does the physio) though one possibility was that one of the vertebrae was rotated out of alighnment with the rest. It didnt hurt that much though but it took a couple of months to get back to bowling. I didnt miss any games though and still batted - strangely scoring two fifties in a row the next two weeks after doing that.

I didnt do it while playing cricket but obviously it has kept me out of a whole season...I tore my ACL, medial ligament and lateral meniscus cartilage in my knee in a soccer game....now that hurt like hell
Oooooo, nasty... total knee reconstruction?

Waughney

International Debutant
Was slashed across the eye by a bat while wicket-keeping once. All I remember was a lot of blood...