• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The worst injurie you have suffered playing cricket.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if the injury was related to cricket, but when I was 10, I was bowling and as I bowled my neck stiffened and I fell to the ground. Happened a few more times at the nets over the next couple of years and the physio warned me if it happened again I may be paralysed (note to self: Don't have a hypocondriac as a physio). Luckily it didn't happen again for another couple of years and I'm still bowling as badly as ever...

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
Not sure if the injury was related to cricket, but when I was 10, I was bowling and as I bowled my neck stiffened and I fell to the ground. Happened a few more times at the nets over the next couple of years and the physio warned me if it happened again I may be paralysed (note to self: Don't have a hypocondriac as a physio). Luckily it didn't happen again for another couple of years and I'm still bowling as badly as ever...
Phew!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Yeah - lucky for you..... :D

Actually, I've hardly bowled at all this season. I've worked a few Saturdays, while a few of my friends have visited me so I've taken time off. Anyway, I'm not far off my late 20s - when we leggies are supposed to mature.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Cracked or whatever a bone near the elbow from a 1st XI match.. Been winded on the chest in grade 3 club last year.. and a few niggles here and there..

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
I got it all on tape...

Attachments

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
James said:
It was at practice and I forgot didn't I. Bad mistake that was :D

yeah ive hit a few people who forgot to wear boxes, luckily for them im not quick :p

I also bowled when a freak accident happened, the batsman top edged the ball and knocked his 2 front teeth out, whats worse when he went to grab his mouth with his hands i remembered he was wearing my batting gloves :(

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
lord_of_darkness said:
^ Casson did you take Voltmans permission while filming this .....
I feel like Daryl Tuffey - the only thing that's missing is the milkshake.

:laugh:

Cass,

That's quality, mate.

nibbs

International Captain
i remember this one time at cricket when i was little. the ball went through to the keeper. he passed it to the kid next to him who then attempted to throw the ball back to the bowler. instead, he threw it directly into batsmen eye from point blank range. this kid was obviously very distressed. he was running between the wickets balling his eyes out. how ironic. i found it really funny tbh...i laughed out lod if i recall correctly

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
once a teammate wanted some practice in the nets as he was the next man in. instead of bowling them, he said itd just be easier to stand about 3/4 of the way down the pitch and just throw him some. i didnt know, however, that hed be playing proper shots and proper strength. surely enough, one came roaring towards me off the bat and right into my right nut.

Hoggy31

International Captain
andyc said:
once a teammate wanted some practice in the nets as he was the next man in. instead of bowling them, he said itd just be easier to stand about 3/4 of the way down the pitch and just throw him some. i didnt know, however, that hed be playing proper shots and proper strength. surely enough, one came roaring towards me off the bat and right into my right nut.
:scared:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
What happened to the left one? Was he just standing there like "Dude... are you OK?"

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
ROFL!!! The film...you're a f**king genius Gerard, that was funny shizz. I got hit in the sternem by a ball coming from another net, been hit in the eye trying to play a reverse sweep, that's about it. Almost killed a few people with bouncers but sadly not.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
i remember in a warm-up i got hit three times in the cods during throwdowns, and once on the shin. always wear box and a pad for throwdowns as a result. and at training on tuesday night, after bowlng a ball in the nets i was walking back to my mark and i copped a ball right in my back from the batsman in the next net. he smoked it too.

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Been on the end of a few blows on the fingers but never bothered to check if they were broken or not, just went black and hurt a lot and just let it heal. Been hit in the nads before while wearing a box and it was excruciating, 'twas at my local club with the 1st XI opening bowler bowling. :(

I injured someone last season by bowling a bouncer which he top-edged onto his forehead, split it right down the middle, had to go off to hospital to get stitches. Then when I went into bat, the opposition captain said that I'd be needing the helmet because he was going to kill me. :D.

I was loving it. :cool2:

PY

International Coach
Oh yeah, James90 reminded me, I got hit smack on the crown of my head while stood analysing someone's technique at the side of a net which wasn't secured properly, he pulled it, I ducked and it clonked flush into my skull.

Teach me to do him a favour.