• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arsenal and then Chelsea. Bah

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its funny how u talk about chelsea fans jumping on the bandwagon pratyush, when u have said urself u only have been supporting Barcelona for the last year or so, i wont call u a hypocrite, but i should...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Swervy said:
bit harsh really...would anyone really consider Red Star Belgrade one of the all time great teams,despite them winning in the early 90's.

These days you dont even need to win your respective league to get through to the European Cup/Champions League
I said "Nope, to be regarded as 'one of the great teams' you have to win in Europe."

This does not mean if you win in Europe you're automatically 'one of the great teams' especially in the context it was used.

Craig

World Traveller
superkingdave said:
Why not when you're coming on here slagging off Chelsea for being hyped when they haven't won titles, and just last week you were saying that Barca were the best team in the world despite not having won a trophy for 6 years.
And only won the the European Cup/Champions League once, despite having the likes of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Puyol etc. throughout the years.

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
Yep. Amazing what wonders several hundred million £s can work.

I just hope that the Siberian peasantry are pleased that their gas & oil reserves have been transformed into a second-tier domestic trophy & a last-8 European place! :D
Jiri Jarosik joked when he joined Chelsea from CSKA Moscow, that CSKA were Chelsea's reserve team.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
Why not? Valid question, you were proven wrong, and haven't admitted it.

Shut up kiddo.

I was never proven wrong. On a day Barcelona lost to Chelsea. Which any team can.

Doesnt prove Barca is a worse team in any way.

biased indian

International Coach
superkingdave said:
Hang on... Mr Barcelona are the greatest team in the world despite not having won a trophy in 6 years - aren't you being just a tad hypocritical?!? :p
they are going to defenitly win the premiera lega now as real lost in thier last match :)

as far as i am considered the fav clubs for me are Barca,Bayern,chelsea

but i doubt chelsea could win the Champions leaguea as english teams have generally struggled in the championship except for ManU some times

But this Years coukd be great for me as Barca,Bayren and chelsea are poised to win there respective leagues :) :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pratyush said:
Shut up kiddo.

I was never proven wrong. On a day Barcelona lost to Chelsea. Which any team can.

Doesnt prove Barca is a worse team in any way.
Of course you were proven wrong! Can't you read?!

You: You need major trophies before you are great.

Dave: Barcelona haven't won anything major in 6 years, yet youconsider them the best.

You then skipped the issue.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
actually, i don't think Barcelona have won anything since 98/99, never mind anything major.

Neverthless the hyprocacy(sp) remains

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
Of course you were proven wrong! Can't you read?!

You: You need major trophies before you are great.

Dave: Barcelona haven't won anything major in 6 years, yet youconsider them the best.

You then skipped the issue.
You are a novice/immature person in your thought process if you make such a remark.

Barcelona is a new team under Rijkaard and not the same team as it was from 98/99. Get your "Barca history right.

The way they have played this season, apart from a game vs Chelsea, there is no reason to believe they are the best team.

As far as the trophy cabinets go, the Spanish league title is as secure for them as the Premiership looks for Chelsea.

Also, when you compare teams, if a team beats another in a game, can you say the other team is so potentially better as to say Chelsea is a better team? No. Which is why you have got the fundamental wrong.

Watch Barcelona play and watch Chelsea play for some games and watch some other teams play and you will know why I have maintained them to be the best.

Thank you kiddo.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
superkingdave said:
actually, i don't think Barcelona have won anything since 98/99, never mind anything major.

Neverthless the hyprocacy(sp) remains
Read what I wrote to Halsey about the post Rijkaard era this season onwards. They had a rough start in the last one but things are more than in place right now. Even with the Champions league loss.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pratyush said:
You are a novice/immature person in your thought process if you make such a remark.
Okay Barcelona are a very very good team, but the timing of your slating of Chelsea FC just after they beat you makes you sound a bit immature as well..

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Pratyush said:
1)You are a novice/immature person in your thought process if you make such a remark.

2) Barcelona is a new team under Rijkaard and not the same team as it was from 98/99. Get your "Barca history right.

3) The way they have played this season, apart from a game vs Chelsea, there is no reason to believe they are the best team.

4) As far as the trophy cabinets go, the Spanish league title is as secure for them as the Premiership looks for Chelsea.

5) Also, when you compare teams, if a team beats another in a game, can you say the other team is so potentially better as to say Chelsea is a better team? No. Which is why you have got the fundamental wrong.

6) Watch Barcelona play and watch Chelsea play for some games and watch some other teams play and you will know why I have maintained them to be the best.

Thank you kiddo.
1) No, you were proven wrong, and if you think you aren't, you've got problems.

2) Chelsea is a new team under Mourinho, but you had a go at them for not winning anything major. Neither has Barca. Oh dear, proven wrong AGAIN.

3) Despite the fact they clearly cannot defend? No, thanks.

4) Still haven't won anything major as yet (same argument you used for Chelsea).

5) Never based it on a game.

6) No I don't, Barcelona cannot defend.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
1) No, you were proven wrong, and if you think you aren't, you've got problems.

2) Chelsea is a new team under Mourinho, but you had a go at them for not winning anything major. Neither has Barca. Oh dear, proven wrong AGAIN.

3) Despite the fact they clearly cannot defend? No, thanks.

4) Still haven't won anything major as yet (same argument you used for Chelsea).

5) Never based it on a game.

6) No I don't, Barcelona cannot defend.
6,3Cos of a ****ing lapse in one game you think barca cant defend.

1Where the **** was i proven wrong

2,4so what makes you think chelsea is so ****ing better and barca clearly arent

and what is your basis of that logic if not one game if every thing else of the teams as far as record and time under new managers are almost same.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
6,3Cos of a ****ing lapse in one game you think barca cant defend.

1Where the **** was i proven wrong

2,4so what makes you think chelsea is so ****ing better and barca clearly arent

and what is your basis of that logic if not one game if every thing else of the teams as far as record and time under new managers are almost same.
****ing missed out 5.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I wouldn't call leaking four one lapse. They've also lost to Betis, Villareal and Atletico in the league, whilst Chelsea have just two narrow losses in all English domestic competition, and nine goals conceded all season as opposed to Barca's 18.

Barca also have a dodgy keeper and a questionable back line that any very good side will usually exploit. I'd back Milan and Juventus to beat them.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
I wouldn't call leaking four one lapse. They've also lost to Betis, Villareal and Atletico in the league, whilst Chelsea have just two narrow losses in all English domestic competition, and nine goals conceded all season as opposed to Barca's 18.

Barca also have a dodgy keeper and a questionable back line that any very good side will usually exploit. I'd back Milan and Juventus to beat them.
Stats wise both teams have had some losses. The points separating the top two teams in the league has a fair gap in both leagues.

Milan actually were in the same group as Barca. One win to both teams. So I wouldnt say you could back Milan completely against barca. milan are a very good team. not doubt about that though.

twctopcat

International Regular
As soon as Milan beat Utd i backed them to win and i stand by them. They have all been here before and know what's coming. Nesta, maldini, Stam and Cafu oooze class, more so than Chelsea and with a fit Shevchenko they can and probably will win it.