• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official NRL Tips Discussion Thread**

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bulldogs v Dragons

I can't see the Bulldogs losing this one. They have too many star players and are always usually good starters.

Bulldogs by 6-12

Tigers v Eels

The Eels have bought well during the off season and I think there line-up again has too many stars for a team that many pick will be battling it out with Souths for the Wooden Spoon.

Eels by 12+

Roosters v Souths

The Roosters will get up nice and easy for this one, although could be closer than most think, with Finch out for a few weeks and no Brad Fittler.

Roosters by 12+

Sharks v Panthers

Altough the Sharks are tough to beat at home the Panthers have a settled side and will be up for the challenge.

Panthers by 6-12

Broncos v Cowboys

This will be a very tough game, although I'm tipping the Broncos by more than 12, with the sell-out home crowd and Thorn & Hodges returning, there are too many points in the Broncos.

Broncos by 12+

Warriors v Manly

Manly have bolsted their forward pack with Kennedy & Kite, but the Warriors are tough to beat at home and with Price & Wiki they have an even stronger forward pack also.

Warriors by 12+

Storm v Knights

Johns will either be better for the year off, or rusty. I'm going with rusty and the Knights have proven they are ******** unless he is at his best.

Storm by 12+

Blaze

Banned
Bulldogs v Dragons

The doggies should be far too good and will hit the ground running IMO

Bulldogs by 13+

Tigers v Eels

Eels have recruited well and Benji Marshall isn't playing for the tigers

Eels by 1-12

Roosters v Souths

No brainer until Souths prove themselves

Roosters by plenty

Sharks v Panthers

Gone with the panthers but expect it to be close

Panthers by 1-12

Broncos v Cowboys

Broncoes will be fired up and will be too good IMO. Go Brad Thorne

Broncos by 12+

Warriors v Manly

My team the Warriors. Expecting big things but at the same time holding my breath. I feel a big win coming up though in an attempt to bury the demons of 04

Warriors by 12+

Storm v Knights

Too good with Johns. But I think it will be close

Storm by 1-12

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Both of you picking the Warriors by 12+? That's very promising, as I really hope they'll have a better season than the nightmare of 2004. So with a couple of new signings you think it'll make all the difference?

Cloete

International Captain
My Tips:

Already gone for a few outsiders and we're in round 1 :p

Dragons by 1-12
Eels by 1-12
Roosters by 12+
Panthers by 12+
Cowboys by 1-12
Manly by 1-12
Knights by 1-12

Expecting alot of close games as well..

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
my tips

Bulldogs - they won but i tipped them as everyone did just about..

Eels - Tigers are really the only team thats gone backwards, could get the spoon, so eels will beat them. Eels by 11-20

Roosters - pretty straight foward, souths are at full strength and sould put in a good showing. Roosters by 1-10

Sharks - I rate them this year, hav speed out wide, classy halves and a top line goalkicker, will make the eight and could upset penrith in week 1. Sharks by 1-10

Broncos - I dont see the cowboys doing as well as last year, brisbane are too classy to lose this one. Broncos by 21+

Warriors - hard to split these two. ive gone for the warriors cause they are at home, but its an early contender for the first golden point game of 05. Warriors by 1-10

Storm - I cant see the knights challenging this year, Melbourne are a classy team with plenty of points in them and should do it comfortably. Storm by 11-20

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
My tips (a little late but what the hell :p)

Eels- I'm just biased here...Tigers could have God playing in the centres and i would still tip the Eels

Roosters- Wing at 5/8 is a very good move...hopefully Stuart will leave Finch out of the side all together when he comes back (except againt the eels ;)), South will put up a big show thou in the season opener.

Panthers- Very tough to pick, but panthers just shave the fishies in the halves battle which will set up the outcome of the match.

Cowboys- Cowboys will continue their push from last season with a first up win over the broncs, bought well with Webb and Thurston. Hannay and Bowman will stop anything that moves out wide!

Warriors- Wiki is an absolute beast, he will have a great impact on the young kiwi players. Jones might actually play alright too, now that his pack will go FORWARDS and not sidewards throwing one handed passes all the time.

Storm- The storm have one of the best halves pairings in the game, while the Knights are even more of a one man show then before now.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
Broncos - I dont see the cowboys doing as well as last year, brisbane are too classy to lose this one. Broncos by 21+
I can see the Cowboys matching last years performance or falling just short. They will be better off with Thurston as they will now have a quality 5/8 to play with Sheppard and get the ball out to that quality back line, with Sheppard, Thurston, Norton & Bowen in the key attacking positions they will be hard to stop. The addition of Carl Webb will also be a bonus. They have the team to win the premiership, but only if they can get through post Origin period and keep their stars on the field.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well i wont worry about the Bulldogs game but here are my other tips...

Tigers - People will say im biased, however for those who dont follow us we have a top lot of juniors coming through at the moment and although Benji is a big loss, Look out for Liam Fulton and Bronson Harrison, both stars of the future... Tigers by 6

Roosters- Forget all the hype Souths are again battling for the spoon with the Raiders... Roosters by 20...

Panthers - Panthers are my early favourites for the title this season... So they should win pretty comfortably..

Broncos - OMG i can't believe im about to say this but i think the Broncs are a serious threat this year, in past years i've brushed them but i think this year they are dangerous.. Should win by 10...

Warriors- Could be 60-0 either way or 60 all.. A lottery, Warriors on the home ground advantage...

Storm- Storm are a top 4 side, whilst Newcastle are a side who could be a Spoon Challenger.. If joey misses half the season or more they will win the Spoon...

Blaze

Banned
Somerset said:
Both of you picking the Warriors by 12+? That's very promising, as I really hope they'll have a better season than the nightmare of 2004. So with a couple of new signings you think it'll make all the difference?

They are a happy team at the moment and are actually in a positive frame of mind from what I have seen, unlike last year. And yeah the four new signings will make a huge difference. Price and Wiki are good hard forwards and their leadership will be the biggest factor that we will gain. Also Fien at hooker should be interesting. I think he will be more than adequate

Simon

Blaze said:
They are a happy team at the moment and are actually in a positive frame of mind from what I have seen, unlike last year. And yeah the four new signings will make a huge difference. Price and Wiki are good hard forwards and their leadership will be the biggest factor that we will gain. Also Fien at hooker should be interesting. I think he will be more than adequate
they still have a **** coach, Kemp wont last 3 months...

Simon

Blaze said:
How can you say he is **** when he hasn't had a chance to prove himself
so the ordinary job he did at the end of last season doesnt count?

campion and cleary will be in charge by seasons end..

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
damn dragon's lost. And sonny bill williams is out for 2 weeks. And nah i dont think it's going to be the warriors year our players look pretty crap and kemp hasnt got enought coaching expierence.

nibbs

International Captain
broncoman said:

for what it's worth he was on a hiding to nothing last season . i mean what kind of coach can get stuff out of overweight unfit players, who spend all day in the gym building big muscles which slows them down making them rather ineffective out on the field. for instance, awen guttenbiel was overweight and unfit. he confessed to do no fitness work etc. he was notably slow and crap.

hence, our trainer got the sack , and the squad has spent the bulk of the off season doing fitness work. should pay off in my opinion. kemp has a better chance to show the goods this time around.

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:

He can't be blamed with the job he did last year. He was on a hidding to nothing.

Blaze

Banned
username1234 said:
damn dragon's lost. And sonny bill williams is out for 2 weeks. And nah i dont think it's going to be the warriors year our players look pretty crap and kemp hasnt got enought coaching expierence.

The news said Sonny Bill should be fine for next week

How can you tell if our players look crap?

They had two trials and won them both.

I am not saying they will win the comp but I do think they will be successful and should make the 8

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just seen that The Bunnies are leading The Roosters by 12-6!

I'm no expert, but that's a bit of a turn-up, isn't it?!