• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official NRL Tips Discussion Thread**

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
No, easy one, Lockyer, hands down.
Coming from Queensland I'm not surprised you'd say that. I've seen Johns dominate Origin though, and it's not something I can remember seeing Lockyer do of late.

Son Of Coco

Mister Wright said:
Langer had a much better kicking game then Fittler, he was no match for his pace and step, however he had better vision that Fittler.
Langer's kicking game was very simple....he just did it well. It was infuriating watching him do the same things over and over and not get picked up on it - an indication of how well he did it I suppose. Definately had good vision.

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
Coming from Queensland I'm not surprised you'd say that. I've seen Johns dominate Origin though, and it's not something I can remember seeing Lockyer do of late.
It is a lot harder to dominate an origin series from Fullback. Lockyer has only had one season at 5/8th and he missed the first game of the last series due to injury.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
round 2

Cowboys vs Bulldogs
Bulldogs by 8 - were pretty impressive last week, the cowboys werent. im not ready to get on the nth qld bandwagon yet and they have a long way to go before im convinced they are a top 4 or even top 8 threat.

Raiders vs Knights
Raiders by 22 - Two of the weaker sides battling it out this week. Raiders are hard to beat at home, quality in the outside backs will get them home. Will be interested to see how Jason Smith, Matt Adamson and Michael Weyman go.

Broncos vs Warriors
Broncos by 4 - Warriors always lift for the Broncos, but i dont think they have the quality to win it. Im expecting a better showing from the Kiwis and could do alright if they avoid passing the ball to that bonehead Clinton Toopi.

Dragons vs Storm
Storm by 14 - Storm were the most impressive side in round 1. I think it will be close to the last 10 minutes where Hill and Orford will get them home. Dragons have too many problems at the moment and should slip to 0-2.

Manly vs Sharks
Sharks by 12 - Toug game to pick given Kimmorley is out. But i saw enough from Dykes, Bird and Sullivan last week to suggest they can win this. Maiva needs to have another strong game or the Cronulla fowards will get blown off the park. Manly traditionally struggle at brookie after an away win too.

Panthers vs Roosters
Panthers by 8 - 2003 GF replay. Panthers look a better side than Roosters this year. Firman, Wing and Flannery all struggled against the bunnies, while Gower and Campbell looked solid against the sharks. Theres plenty of youngsters in the Roosters line up and i think a lack of experience in the backs could cost em when it gets to the crunch in the big matches.

Souths vs Eels
Eels by 20 - Eels looked good in the second half against a woeful Tigers team and Souths did ok against the roosters, but i still think Parra should get home rather comfortably. They are a better side and the bench looks a lot stronger. Eels outside backs could have a field day.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I would probably agree with most of those.

I feel that Manly have a good shot against Cronulla though, considering they're at home. And Panthers v Roosters will be extremely close.

Mister Wright

Those are all my tips. I think the Panterhs by more and The Bulldogs by less, but that is a good summary.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think if its going to be a close game, the Warriors might just beat the Broncos. However if its going to be one-sided then I would suggest it would be the Broncos running away with it.

Simon

haha age no, he has to be gone, now...
he has successfully turned one of the best club sides in 20 years into a joke in just 3 seasons, a fair effort imo... that club has massive issue and its starts with Smith...

On the plus side im 3/3 tipping this weekend, today Storm, Cowboys and Bulldogs to win and the Raiders tomorrow...

Simon

hopefully, warriors vs cowboys could go either way, manly at home are in good form, tigers always lift for dogs and bunnies coming off a 23 point win could beat canberra if they turn up, so im not counting my chickens yet...

Blaze

Banned
Quite happy with the Warriors performace there today.. they showed some very encouraging signs on attack and were the better team throughout the majourity of the match however they were unlucky not to get the result.

Cowboys took their chances well but I am sick and tired of these substandard refs in the NRL. Tony Archer should find a cliff IMO. He has always been a crap ref and will always be a crap ref.

I think that the video ref should be able to have a word to the ref if he has made a mistake like Archer did in the 73rd or 74th minute where he ruled a knock on against the Warriors (Fien) when it clearly went backwards. That could have been the difference in the game. The warriors had their tails up and would have been at least a 50/50 proposition of scoring a try and regaining the lead with only minutes remaining.

I am not too dispondent about the result though.. I won some money on Nathen Fien scoring a try at 3.00

Cloete

International Captain
Good win for the Cowboys, that!

To be fair it was only one mistake, I only watched 10 minutes of the game before I was chucked off the TV. But in those 10 minutes I saw atleast 3 penalties from the warriors. They were pushing Archer with every tackle, taking longer and longer to release the player until he finally gave a penalty. So I'm happy to see a call go against them TBH.

Blaze

Banned
Cloete said:
Good win for the Cowboys, that!

To be fair it was only one mistake, I only watched 10 minutes of the game before I was chucked off the TV. But in those 10 minutes I saw atleast 3 penalties from the warriors. They were pushing Archer with every tackle, taking longer and longer to release the player until he finally gave a penalty. So I'm happy to see a call go against them TBH.

Yea fair play to the Cowboys they played very well in patches.

I have said my piece on Archer and I am not going to go into the penalty count and what he was giving penalties for and his consistancy ( or lack there of)

Simon

so manly on top of the table after beating melbourne. the storm just made oo many mistakes, manly were committed in defence, but storm will be very disapointed with the way they played...

Blaze

Banned
Tigers v.s. Dogs - The best game of sport I have seen in a long looooooooong time

Just sensational

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Tigers v.s. Dogs - The best game of sport I have seen in a long looooooooong time

Just sensational
OH YEAH YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!

Stick that up the people who think we will get the spoon...

And Simon before you comment just remember we are on the same points as you...

HAHAHAHAHAHA