• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official NRL Tips Discussion Thread**

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
may as well give u all my final table prediction while im here

1 Bulldogs
2 Broncos
3 Storm
4 Sharks
5 Roosters
6 Eels
7 Panthers
8 Raiders
9 Manly
10 Dragons
11 Cowboys
12 Knights
13 Warriors
14 Souths
15 Tigers
Here's mine:

Bulldogs
Storm
Broncos
Roosters
Panthers
Cowboys
Sharks
Eels
Dragons
Raiders
Warriors
Manly
Knights
Tigers
Souths

Mister Wright

I went to the game at Lang Park today, however after about 5 minutes I wasn't sure if I was in Brisbane or Townsville! There were a lot of Cowboys supporters, it was a really good atmosphere and a reasonably good game. Both teams looked rusty, Thurston in particular, however after he put those kicks on the full out of his mind he looked dangerous with the ball.

Seymour is the next big thing, he has amazing vision and has improved amazingly with the boot, the try for Berrigan was beautiful.

The biggest cheers were for Brad Thorn's return and Hodges getting hammered :D . However, I thought Hodges had a pretty good game and looked really strong at the end in setting up Hunt for the final try.

Last thing - Bennett needs to give Brent Tate some passing drills real soon.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't pretend to be any expert on the NRL, but I reckon you're both being a bit harsh on St George/Illawarra.

They've got Trent Barrett to come back & Albert Torrens was suspended for week one too.

I'm hopeful they've got a play-off berth in them. Need a decent goal-kicker tho.

Mister Wright

BoyBrumby said:
I don't pretend to be any expert on the NRL, but I reckon you're both being a bit harsh on St George/Illawarra.

They've got Trent Barrett to come back & Albert Torrens was suspended for week one too.

I'm hopeful they've got a play-off berth in them. Need a decent goal-kicker tho.

They have a useless coach in Nathan Brown. Trent Barrett only plays about 8 games a year and 1 of those is usually the one for N.S.W. that seals the Origin series. :@

They never have a stable halves comination and I'd be surprised if their forwards turned up to training, because they don't turn up for games.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seymour is tops, what a superstar hes gonna be...
Hodges was impressive for mine, was hammered a few times and just got in with it. In his roosters days he would have gotten up mouthing off, but he didnt, as expected bennett seems to have done wonders with him.
Thorn also impressive considering, looked very unfit, but what he did at 100% was excellent, will play origin without a doubt.
Bott was a bit too quiet for mine, its the first time ive seen him and i was hoping for more. but ill give the kid some time.
Pedro and webby, what can u say, outstanding, i hope shane webcke never retires.
Locky was good as usual, didnt dominate but did what he had to, dropped a bit of ball but everyone did. Hunt took an early knock, but came back and scored a good try.
The Berrigan boys were good too. Shaun had an excellent first half and always looked dangerous, barry gave us good service..
Stagg and Parker worked their arses off. Stagg made nearly 50 tackles today, hes really a great find for us.
the only thing i worry about is fitting in Carlaw, topou, costigan, leayrod lars, ryan and barnes. I think we are farily well covered this year, particularly for origin...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sounds plausible, unfortunately. Article I read was full of denials of "player unrest".

With their squad 9th/10th would be massive underachievement tho.

Simon

BoyBrumby said:

torrens lol, he doesnt make a full strength dragons anyway, barrett is useless...

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
Bott was a bit too quiet for mine, its the first time ive seen him and i was hoping for more. but ill give the kid some time.
You're not going to see much of Bott for the rest of the season if he stays on Brent Tate's side of the paddock, he had an open run on one occasion, all that was needed was for Tate to catch and pass, but of course he tried to put the step on and do all the work himself, and like usual was tackled.

Mister Wright

BoyBrumby said:
Nah, even from what little I know I reckon thats well off! :tongue:
No Simon's right. Now that Fittler has retired Barrett can now hold the most over-rated player tag safely.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mister Wright said:
No Simon's right. Now that Fittler has retired Barrett can now hold the most over-rated player tag safely.
Well, maybe, but overrated doesn't equal useless tho. Or not to me, at any rate. I'd have him in my GB team for a start!

& what's wrong with Fittler?! Is this a local rivalry thing?! :huh:

Mister Wright

BoyBrumby said:
Well, maybe, but overrated doesn't equal useless tho. Or not to me, at any rate. I'd have him in my GB team for a start!

& what's wrong with Fittler?! Is this a local rivalry thing?! :huh:

He had a left foot step and that was about it. He couldn't even step off the right.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
My top 8

Panthers
Bulldogs
Storm
Broncos
Roosters
Cowboys
Eels
Sharks
Dragons
Manly
Tigers
Warriors
Raiders
Newcastle
Souths

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
god, warriors sucked yesterday. broncos and cowboys was a good game.

what about stacey jones, jonathan thurston, justin hodges they are all much more overated players.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Doesn't David Stagg make around 50 tackles every game?

Fittler made the players around him better, and that is the mark of a great player. Queenslanders see everything from behind rose coloured glasses :p.

Simon

thewizard1o1 said:

Fittler made the players around him better, and that is the mark of a great player. Queenslanders see everything from behind rose coloured glasses :p.
get ur hand off it...

and yes stagg makes around 50 tackles a game, hes a machine...

Mister Wright

thewizard1o1 said:

Johns has always been better than Fittler. Johns makes a **** team great, whereas Fittler makes a great team just a little better.

However, over the last 2-3 years Lockyer is starting to out play Johns and can now safely hold the 'Best Player In The World' tag, considering people don't want to give it to forwards like Webke.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Warriors will finish in the bottom 4 if Stacey Jones doesn't start kicking to open space on the final tackle.

I'll give them till Round 5 to start winning or else its going to be another long season.

How they could finish so poorly again with Ivan Cleary, Kevin Campion, John Ackland & Peter Stirling on their staff roster would be a disgrace.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Warriors will finish in the bottom 4 if Stacey Jones doesn't start kicking to open space on the final tackle.

I'll give them till Round 5 to start winning or else its going to be another long season.

How they could finish so poorly again with Ivan Cleary, Kevin Campion, John Ackland & Peter Stirling on their staff roster would be a disgrace.
Just shows the truth, that the coaches dont play the games for you.....

The Warriors biggest problem is attitude... After the 1 good season they had, they EXPECTED to just turn up and win games, and it has backfired on them...