• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Barca : BEST!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have been saying that all season and have been priveleged to watch almost all their games this exciting season.

I will say it again.

Barcelona is the best football team in the world. :)

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
good stuff by ronaldino to get those 2 goals... chelsea looks like they might get another though ...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tom Halsey said:
Humble pie, Pratyush?
I wouldnt say Chelsea is the better team Halsey. One win doesnt prove Chelsea is a better team than Barcelona.

Well played Chelsea but I guess the 3 goals in the beginning couldnt be overcome. Else Barcelona dominated most of the match as they usually do with most matches.

Which is why the victory will be all the more sweet for Chelsea and English fans.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
I wouldnt say Chelsea is the better team Halsey. One win doesnt prove Chelsea is a better team than Barcelona.

Well played Chelsea but I guess the 3 goals in the beginning couldnt be overcome. Else Barcelona dominated most of the match as they usually do with most matches.

Which is why the victory will be all the more sweet for Chelsea and English fans.
Barca only won the first game because of an incorrect sending off, also I didn't the see the first half but Barca sure as hell didn't dominate the second half tonight.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scaly piscine said:
also I didn't the see the first half but Barca sure as hell didn't dominate the second half tonight.
Chelsea ----- Barca
60.3 Passing Success 79.4
97 Tackles 45
33.8 Possession 66.2
38.3 Territorial Advantage 61.7

Barca only won the first game because of an incorrect sending off,
The only thing I would like to say to that is that the only certain thing in sport in a result. win, loss or draw in case of football. If you still put it down only to the sending off as the reason Barcelona won the game, you need better perspective on sport.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
Chelsea ----- Barca
60.3 Passing Success 79.4
97 Tackles 45
33.8 Possession 66.2
38.3 Territorial Advantage 61.7
Stats like that (that's if they're even correct) are meaningless because they're skewed by Chelsea basically letting Barca attack for the last 15 minutes, Chelsea looked far more of a threat in the second half. The only time Barca looked threatening was when Glen Johnson was near the ball.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scaly piscine said:
Stats like that (that's if they're even correct) are meaningless
Quoted from skysports football.

because they're skewed by Chelsea basically letting Barca attack for the last 15 minutes, Chelsea looked far more of a threat in the second half. The only time Barca looked threatening was when Glen Johnson was near the ball.
Ofcourse when it hit the rim of the goal post, and before Deco hit the free kick, barca didnt look threatening.

twctopcat

International Regular
Possession is all well and good, but as the old phrase goes, its what you do with it that counts....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
So what does that make Chelsea then?
A good team which happened to win a football match against the best.

I would suggest that you see more matches of Milan and Barcelona before assuming Chelsea is the best.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I usually catch at least some of Barca's match every week and TBH they've had some very good games, and some not so good games, they look quite ordinary without Ronaldhino, whereas its hard to state whom is Chelsea's best player - 2 of the players that could be argued for were injured tonight. I think you'll always have a better chance if your team is less focused on one player.