• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

were you ever in a team that won a regional sports event?

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
nibbs said:
in 1997, i would have just turned 12. we won the first game 22-17 and in the second game overturned a 5-0 half time deficit to win 45-5...

we went to space world. dam that was cool
Mad! I went to space world just last august, its so cool

so why did you go over? were you awesome at rugby or something?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Just won division six of the Taunton Badminton league, despite having a pretty crummy night of it tonight where I won two and lost two games.. Still, the trophy is all that counts :)

Shame I leave before division five starts:(

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
My cricket team just lost the last match but still won the premiership. It's a strange feeling. During the batting collapse one of my teammates said, "There's a big difference between being premiers and undefeated premiers". We worked so hard all season to win each game and then when we lose we celebrate. It's hard to take but it's good to be able to say I was part of a premiership winning team

Craig

World Traveller
None, all my sports teams were not that brilliant.

Maybe it was because I was on them?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
last year my indoor cricket side we lost the mens 3's regional titles to liverpool (i play for sutherland) but we then went on to win the state tittles up in newcastle..........was a masive event......got jackets shirts tropheys for our troubles.....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BoyBrumby said:
I was in my school team (City of Ely College) that won the Cambridgeshire Under-12s Rugby 7s. I'm certain my mum would still have the paper cutting, next time I visit I'll ask.

Heady stuff, eh? :D
Good old mother, never chucks anything away! As you can see from the scoreline we were fairly useful!

Guess which one's me.... :D

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nowadays that sort of report wouldn't be allowed for fear of causing mental distress for the losers.

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Nowadays that sort of report wouldn't be allowed for fear of causing mental distress for the losers.
True, I believe thats actually happened right?

Either that or it would be construed as kiddy images :(

Tom Halsey

International Coach
bugssy said:
last year my indoor cricket side we lost the mens 3's regional titles to liverpool (i play for sutherland) but we then went on to win the state tittles up in newcastle..........was a masive event......got jackets shirts tropheys for our troubles.....
Pfft, don't lose to The Scousers! ;)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No, sorry chaps you're both wrong! The guy second from the left on the back row was our winger Sheepy & the chap in the middle with the shield was Horace, our captain & scrum-half.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
No, sorry chaps you're both wrong! The guy second from the left on the back row was our winger Sheepy & the chap in the middle with the shield was Horace, our captain & scrum-half.
In that case, you're in the front row, and either the chap on the left or the guy third from the left. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mr Casson said:
In that case, you're in the front row, and either the chap on the left or the guy third from the left. :p
Yep, that's me! The guy on the left of the front row was our other winger Kerridge.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
Yep, that's me! The guy on the left of the front row was our other winger Kerridge.
Well for the record, I was leaning towards that one more than the bonehead.