• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A-League Favourites

Who will win the inaugral A-League ?

• Total voters

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
As much as I hope the New Zealand Knights will perform well, I can't see it happening. No idea what the strength of the Australian sides are like at the moment, Perth was fairly good in the NSL so I'll go with them.

nibbs

International Captain
Somerset said:
As much as I hope the New Zealand Knights will perform well, I can't see it happening. No idea what the strength of the Australian sides are like at the moment, Perth was fairly good in the NSL so I'll go with them.

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Although I'll be strongly supporting Sydney, Melbourne seem to have by far the best players on the books

Cloete

International Captain
Come on the ROAR!! Really looking forward to this starting. I'm expecting big things from the A League and I'll definitely watch as many games as I can thanks to Optus and Fox Sports :D

Triple Crown

Cricket Spectator
Gotta think that Sydney is the frontrunner. They have a really nice balanced & experienced squad, not to mention Zdrillic & Corica. If they can secure Dwight Yorke & he plays well they'll be hard to stop.

Melbourne will be a top team with Archie Thompson & Andy Vlahos, but I worry about public support. There doesn't seem to be nearly as much public excitement about Melbourne as, say, Sydney Perth or Adelaide.

"QLD Roar"?? Stuck between aa rock & a hard place. They've been around since the 1950's so it must have been hard for them to have to change their name. They wanted to originally change it to "Pride" because of its connotation to a group of Lions, but there's a gay association in QLD called "the pride" so they didn't want to go there, considering that so many Rugby League neanderthals still call Soccer players "poofters".

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I went to a couple of Glory matches last year, but that had more of a "sing when your winning" feel to it rather than actually paying to watch soccer.
So I voted for them, cos they won last year (and the year before IIRC?)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i havent even chosen a team support yet, i dont really like any of the old sides, could go for the central coast i guess...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I might go for the side that plays an interesting & exciting match, oh wait...we're talking about soccer, that's impossible.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
I might go for the side that plays an interesting & exciting match, oh wait...we're talking about soccer, that's impossible.
i use to be like u kyle, up to 4 or 5 years ago, but then i saw the light and love the game...
i dont think u can fully appreciate football until you get an idea of just how technical the game is on and off the field...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
i use to be like u kyle, up to 4 or 5 years ago, but then i saw the light and love the game...
i dont think u can fully appreciate football until you get an idea of just how technical the game is on and off the field...
What's there to understand? The ball goes back and forth, then nothing happens in the game for about 20 mins, then there's a riot because one team scores...

Simon

Mister Wright said:
What's there to understand? The ball goes back and forth, then nothing happens in the game for about 20 mins, then there's a riot because one team scores...
and theres your lack of understanding right there...
it doesnt bother me that people dont like football because i can see how people would see the sport exactly as you do...