• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lords Super 12 Rugby Prediction Comp!!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well Rugby Super 12 is about to start tonight.

And the Prediction Competition starts. Just pick the winner and you will get 1 Point per the right prediction for each of the games in a round.

Semi Final Predictions will get 2 Points (when the time comes)

Final Predictions will be worth 3 Points (when it comes near final time)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to Post your Score predictions beside the winner selected for each , just for fun purposes.

I'll Update the Points Tally After Every Round or Every 2 Rounds..

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Round 1

( Pick the Winner .. Feel free to Post Score Predictions beside )

Stormers vs Sharks at Cape Town -

Highlanders vs Blues at Dunedin -

Waratahs vs Chiefs at Sydney -

Cats vs Bulls at Johannesburg -

Brumbies vs Crusaders at Canberra -

Reds vs Hurricanes at Brisbane -

PREDICTIONS CLOSE BY 7:00 NZST - 5:00 Melbourne Time, Predictions wont be taken after that

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Stormers vs Sharks at Cape Town - Stormers

Highlanders vs Blues at Dunedin - Blues

Waratahs vs Chiefs at Sydney - Chiefs

Cats vs Bulls at Johannesburg - Bulls

Brumbies vs Crusaders at Canberra - Brumbies

Reds vs Hurricanes at Brisbane - Hurricanes

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Stormers vs Sharks at Cape Town - Stormers

Highlanders vs Blues at Dunedin - Blues

Waratahs vs Chiefs at Sydney - Waratahs

Cats vs Bulls at Johannesburg - Bulls

Brumbies vs Crusaders at Canberra - Brumbies

Reds vs Hurricanes at Brisbane - Hurricanes

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stormers vs Sharks at Cape Town - Stormers 27-20

Highlanders vs Blues at Dunedin - Blues 44-27

Waratahs vs Chiefs at Sydney - Waratahs 39-9

Cats vs Bulls at Johannesburg - Cats 26-25

Brumbies vs Crusaders at Canberra - Brumbies 44-24

Reds vs Hurricanes at Brisbane - Reds 31-19

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Stormers
Blues
Waratahs
Bulls
Hurricanes
Brumbies
Same selections as me. ;) Fairly predictable opening week really, except for the Brumbies v Crusaders showdown.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well So far

25 Feb Highlanders v Blues 14-30
25 Feb NSW Waratahs v Chiefs 25-7

Simon ur prediction for the blues score was real close.. but the highlanders prediction was wayy off i dont know why you imagined them to beat our boys..

Cloete

International Captain
****... can't believe I missed this thread :(

Cats vs Bulls at Johannesburg - Cats 9 - Bulls 15

Brumbies vs Crusaders at Canberra - Brumbies 32 - Crusaders 18

Reds vs Hurricanes at Brisbane - Reds 27 - Hurricanes 11

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lord_of_darkness said:
Well So far

25 Feb Highlanders v Blues 14-30
25 Feb NSW Waratahs v Chiefs 25-7

Simon ur prediction for the blues score was real close.. but the highlanders prediction was wayy off i dont know why you imagined them to beat our boys..
what?!?! i tipped the blues, have another look at my tips...

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:

GO REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol, the enormous writing didn't help Queensland, good victory for the Hurricanes, 24-10.

Cats also won ( :wacko: ) and the Brumbies got off to a successful start too.

Cloete

International Captain
Somerset said:
Lol, the enormous writing didn't help Queensland, good victory for the Hurricanes, 24-10.

Cats also won ( :wacko: ) and the Brumbies got off to a successful start too.
Yhea I think he was referring to the Development League Cricket.. which you should check out actually.

The Hurricanes were lying all over every ruck. They rucked really well, completely illegally on many occassions though. But I'm not bitter, if teh ref doesn't pick it up it's not their fault. But I thoguht it was funny how thw only penalty for lying on the wrong side of teh ruck and not making an attempt to roll away went against QLD. EVERY SINGLE RUCK TEHRE WAS A CANE LYING TEHRE SLOWING IT DOWN!

Anyway... they still certainly deserved to win. Queensland look absolutely **** in attack, they have no idea what to do!

Blaze

Banned
Cloete said:
Yhea I think he was referring to the Development League Cricket.. which you should check out actually.

The Hurricanes were lying all over every ruck. They rucked really well, completely illegally on many occassions though. But I'm not bitter, if teh ref doesn't pick it up it's not their fault. But I thoguht it was funny how thw only penalty for lying on the wrong side of teh ruck and not making an attempt to roll away went against QLD. EVERY SINGLE RUCK TEHRE WAS A CANE LYING TEHRE SLOWING IT DOWN!

Anyway... they still certainly deserved to win. Queensland look absolutely **** in attack, they have no idea what to do!
The law is in the hands of the ref therefore we were right to do whatever we pleased as long as the ref didn't see anything wrong with it. The canes back row was simply in another league to QLD's. To be honest the Reds looked nothing short of terrible even when they had the numerical advantage. The canes should have put another 20 points on them had passes stuck and had they been a little more accurate in their exicution

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
No worries cloete.. you can still start next round and catch up hopefully..

Sorry simon i just checked and didnt see you put blues beside your victory score ..

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
Im suprised of the cats win over the bulls though.. didnt get to watch that game, how did it go>
I didn't see any of the match either but it appears as though the Cats dug deep and the liabilities of previous seasons were put to rest in this match.

Small summary from rugbyrugby.com:
The Cats had a feast at Ellis Park on Saturday afternoon, producing their best performance in more than two years of Super 12 rugby, when they beat the mighty Bulls 23-17 in a match than concluded the first round of this year's competition.

It was heroic stuff by Wikus van Heerden's hungry Cats, who was written of totally before the match.

And their hunger showed in the opening stages of the second half, when they scored two classic tries - the scores which ultimately sealed the win.

In games of this nature their are always heroes and this time round it was Cats fly-half André Pretorius, who totally dominated the fly-half duel with Bulls No.10 Derick Hougaard.

If Bok coach Jake White is still looking for a back-up for Jaco van der Westhuyzen, then he has found him. I will go one further. On Saturday's form Pretorius should be the No.1 choice and Van der Westhuyzen could be back-up to the Cats star.

But there were other heroes - such as the entire pack, which stood up manfully to the much vaunted Bulls forwards.

And then there was the Cats' defence ... something which had been a weakness in recent years. Brendon Venter, the former Bok midfielder, seems to have done the trick in this department as the defensive coach.

Cats captain Wikus van Heerden pointed to this aspect, defence, as the one area where the Cats have stepped up this year.

Blaze

Banned
lord_of_darkness said:
Im suprised of the cats win over the bulls though.. didnt get to watch that game, how did it go>

They have a decent first five in Pretorious. He must have fired