• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lords Super 12 Rugby Prediction Comp!!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Saw the end of it. From what i could tell the Highlanders will be kicking themselves for not getting more out of the game
The Stormers were definately the better team from the earlier part of the match though. In saying that, the Highlanders should've been awarded a try that would've got them right back into the game just before the break.

Blaze

Banned
Somerset said:
The Stormers were definately the better team from the earlier part of the match though. In saying that, the Highlanders should've been awarded a try that would've got them right back into the game just before the break.
Yeah and Otago have had two home games now and have little to show for it

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Yeah and Otago have had two home games now and have little to show for it
Exactly, another bottom of the table finish looking increasingly likely for the southern men.

Crusaders leading 43-18 against the Chiefs with twenty minutes remaining, fantastic performance so far.

Blaze

Banned
Somerset said:
Exactly, another bottom of the table finish looking increasingly likely for the southern men.

Crusaders leading 43-18 against the Chiefs with twenty minutes remaining, fantastic performance so far.

Yeah Brumbies and Crusaders are certainties for the semis IMO.

The other two spots from what I have seen will be contested by the Stormers, Bulls, Waratahs, Hurricanes and Blues

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Yeah Brumbies and Crusaders are certainties for the semis IMO.

The other two spots from what I have seen will be contested by the Stormers, Bulls, Waratahs, Hurricanes and Blues
Early days yet but I tend to agree with those predictions.

Waratahs will blow their good start as usual though while the Blues will lose crucial matches fairly soon - IMO anyway. Personally I think the Stormers and the Hurricanes will join last year's finalists.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Crusaders win 50-18, comprehensive victory and they played much better this week. The Chiefs looked outclassed and even though they were competitive early on, the Crusaders were simply too good in the end.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I Can say the 3 spots will be Crusaders, Brumbies, Blues.. if they blues start playing like they could last to last season.. and start playing some of the rugby they did in the last 10 minutes of the game against the reds.. it could be a huge season..

As for the Chiefs.. they look to be going down.. which is a huge downfall from last seasons standings..

Blaze

Banned
lord_of_darkness said:
I Can say the 3 spots will be Crusaders, Brumbies, Blues.. if they blues start playing like they could last to last season.. and start playing some of the rugby they did in the last 10 minutes of the game against the reds.. it could be a huge season..

As for the Chiefs.. they look to be going down.. which is a huge downfall from last seasons standings..

I have seen very little from the Blues so far to suggest they will challenge the Brumbies, Crusaders.

They have the talent but they proved last year that talent means nothing unless they play as a team

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
How true.. and they have to get back to the style of Rugby they best suit at..
Well they failed to produce that for 70 minutes against the Reds, if they could've played like they did for the final ten for the entire game, they would've walked all over Queensland.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well they failed to produce that for 70 minutes against the Reds, if they could've played like they did for the final ten for the entire game, they would've walked all over Queensland.
Too true.. and i wouldnt have lost my bet.. :(

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
Very disappointing for Waikato so far, they appeared to be improving over the 2004 season yet they seem to have learned little with their start to the 2005 campaign. Still, their first two opponents - last year's second placed side and the Waratahs, traditional good starters - aren't exactly the best sides to begin with.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Table After Round 2

Somerset - 10
Broncoman - 9
Blaze - 9
Lord - 9
thewizard1o1 - 8
JASON - 5
Cloete - 4
Biased Indian - 2

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Round 3

( Pick the Winner .. Feel free to Post Score Predictions beside )

Sharks vs Hurricanes -

Highlanders vs Bulls -

Brumbies vs Stormers -

Crusaders vs Reds -

Cats vs Waratahs -

Chiefs vs Blues -

PREDICTIONS CLOSE BY 7:00 NZST - 5:00 Melbourne Time, Predictions wont be taken after that

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sharks vs Hurricanes - Hurricanes 24-14

Highlanders vs Bulls - Highlanders 30-10

Brumbies vs Stormers - Brumbies 46-21

Crusaders vs Reds - Crusaders 20-16

Cats vs Waratahs - Waratahs 19-13

Chiefs vs Blues - Blues 39-23

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Hurricanes
Highlanders
Brumbies
Crusaders
Cats (Tahs have to do a Sydney Swans sooner or later....)
Blues

I'm off the bottom yay!

biased indian

International Coach
Sharks vs Hurricanes -Sharks
Highlanders vs Bulls - Highlanders
Brumbies vs Stormers - Brumbies
Crusaders vs Reds - Reds
Cats vs Waratahs - Waratahs
Chiefs vs Blues - Blues

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sharks vs Hurricanes - Hurricanes

Highlanders vs Bulls - Still deciding, will anounce closer to the time once teams are announced. :happy:

Brumbies vs Stormers - Brumbies

Crusaders vs Reds - Crusaders

Cats vs Waratahs - Waratahs

Chiefs vs Blues - Blues