• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lords Super 12 Rugby Prediction Comp!!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
They have a decent first five in Pretorious. He must have fired
Apparently did:
In games of this nature their are always heroes and this time round it was Cats fly-half André Pretorius, who totally dominated the fly-half duel with Bulls No.10 Derick Hougaard.

Cloete

International Captain
Blaze said:
The law is in the hands of the ref therefore we were right to do whatever we pleased as long as the ref didn't see anything wrong with it. The canes back row was simply in another league to QLD's. To be honest the Reds looked nothing short of terrible even when they had the numerical advantage. The canes should have put another 20 points on them had passes stuck and had they been a little more accurate in their exicution
Yeah the Canes back row is amazing though. So'oalio (Almost certianly spelt wrong :p), Collins and Herring.

But I think really the Reds rely on quick ball and if that's not happening we're always in trouble. Our forwards really didn't play well apart from the lineouts(Where Welllington always have trouble anyway) and our backs were lifeless... Add some good Canes defence.

Wellington probably should hav ecome away with a bonus point given their backline as well...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Somerset said:
Well that's certainly obvious... :p
u think? ive really got no idea about super 12, i know the brumbies, blues and crusaders are good, while the reds and nsw choke every year...
other than that im guessing...

biased indian

International Coach
broncoman said:
u think? ive really got no idea about super 12, i know the brumbies, blues and crusaders are good, while the reds and nsw choke every year...
other than that im guessing...
hope to start guessing from next round even though i know rugby.i dont know the teams and their strength

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
^ lol alright man..

Yeh i wouldnt have tipped the cats at all from previous seasons performance.. but yeh it seems pretorious did damn well and put up a strong defensive game aswell.. whoever put money on them would have done well..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just thought I'd squeeze in a quick gloat about being top of the CW conference after week 1! Go me! :D

BTW: George Smith was my top player (49 points scored), but his value still went down! What's that about?!? :huh:

Blaze

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
Just thought I'd squeeze in a quick gloat about being top of the CW conference after week 1! Go me! :D

BTW: George Smith was my top player (49 points scored), but his value still went down! What's that about?!? :huh:
Prices are adjusted by the demand for that player from all other members.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Round 2

( Pick the Winner .. Feel free to Post Score Predictions beside )

Blues vs Reds -

Brumbies vs Bulls -

Sharks vs Waratahs -

Highlanders vs Stormers -

Cats vs Hurricanes -

Crusaders vs Chiefs -

PREDICTIONS CLOSE BY 7:00 NZST - 5:00 Melbourne Time, Predictions wont be taken after that

I reckon the Highlanders vs Stormers will be a damn good game..

Cloete

International Captain
Blues vs Reds - Blues... easily.. 37-6

Brumbies vs Bulls - Brummbies 32 - 8

Sharks vs Waratahs - Sharks 22 - Waratahs 15 (My big tip for the week!)

Highlanders vs Stormers - Stormers 27- 17

Cats vs Hurricanes - Hurricanes 18 - 0

Crusaders vs Chiefs - Crusaders 33 - 22

Cloete

International Captain
lord_of_darkness said:
Round 2

( Pick the Winner .. Feel free to Post Score Predictions beside )

Blues vs Reds -

Brumbies vs Bulls -

Sharks vs Waratahs -

Highlanders vs Stormers -

Cats vs Hurricanes -

Crusaders vs Chiefs -

PREDICTIONS CLOSE BY 7:00 NZST - 5:00 Melbourne Time, Predictions wont be taken after that

I reckon the Highlanders vs Stormers will be a damn good game..
TBH I think the Stormers should walk it. Otago just seemed out of it against the Blues. Will be interesing to see if they can lose twice in a row at The House of Pain though...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blues vs Reds - blues 55-15

Brumbies vs Bulls - brumbies 31-8

Sharks vs Waratahs - waratahs 19-14

Highlanders vs Stormers - highlanders 31-16

Cats vs Hurricanes - cats 30-12

Crusaders vs Chiefs - crusaders 21-17

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blues vs Reds - Blues

Brumbies vs Bulls - Brumbies

Sharks vs Waratahs - Waratahs

Highlanders vs Stormers - Stormers

Cats vs Hurricanes - Hurricanes

Crusaders vs Chiefs - Crusaders

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
Blues vs Reds - blues 55-15

Brumbies vs Bulls - brumbies 31-8

Sharks vs Waratahs - waratahs 19-14

Highlanders vs Stormers - highlanders 31-16

Cats vs Hurricanes - cats 30-12

Crusaders vs Chiefs - crusaders 21-17
I would be very very suprised if the cats win by that margin. I doubt they will put 30 points on the Canes considering the Canes defense last week was awesome and the cats have been the worst side in the comp the last two years