• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Virtual NRL in 2005

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
http://virtualnrl.creatop.com.au/

We regret to announce that Virtual NRL will not be proceeding for the 2005 season.

Despite the wonderful generosity of dozens of VNRL enthusiasts volunteering their time and effort to help maintain and run the game, there was insufficient corporate backing to enable us to sustain the costs of statistics, hosting, software development and technical support.

We know how much this game means to league fans. It has become part of the rugby league landscape. The game's stalwart Chris Cox, who put so much of his time, blood, sweat and tears into it is particularly disappointed.

However take heart, with the appropriate sponsorship, it will be back.

We will be chasing corporate support, once secured we will come back bigger, better and ready to satisfy your desire for Virtual Rugby League supremacy!

To everyone who has supported our game - whether it be through financial backing, publicity, or, most importantly, participation - we can not thank you enough, and we thank you in advance for your understanding of this very tough decision.

To those who had amassed significant VNRL dollars last season and were looking forward to purchasing a full level account this season with them, good news. Whatever future game eventuates your VNRL dollars from 2004 will be redeemable.

Thank you all once again, and we hope season 2005 brings success to whatever team(s) you support.

If you are a corporate entity interested in being involved in the renaissance of this and possibly other games in 2006, we urge you to contact us at info@myvirtualsport.com

Let the NRL know how you feel

Some dedicated Virtual NRL fans are putting together a petition for the NRL to support our return in 2006. Visit the link below if you wish to view or sign the petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/vnrlpet/petition.html

Please note, Virtual NRL had nothing to do with creating the petition, but we're humbled once again by the passion, enthusiasm and proactivity of our supporters.

sad news indeed, oh well looks like ill have to wait until 2006 to defend my title...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
very dissapointed

i loathe the nrl now, was looking forward to it............but know will struggle

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bugssy said:
very dissapointed

i loathe the nrl now, was looking forward to it............but know will struggle
yeh i agree, VNRL certainly makes the NRL itself a lot more interesting, i was watching 5 or 6 games a weekend last season to see how my players went, now ill only watch broncos, raiders and friday night matches....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im really starting to lose interest in the NRL... all this crap going on, and just the lack of any real advertisement is really making me lose my interest...