• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**** UEFA Champions League Prediction ****

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, it is impossible to quantify because they are in different leagues, whereas Chelsea and Liverpool are not.

As for Barcelona's domestic record - 24-6-4 is nowhere near 27-7-1

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Of course the best team lost - the Premiership table suggests that Chelsea are a little superior to Liverpool. Not good enough on the night though.
Oh I agree that Chelsea are the better team. My point was more that Mourinho needs to learn to be more gracious in defeat.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
That's because their strikers were utterly inept in both legs, Drogba especially. They didn't miss a hatful of chances, they just kept miscontrolling the ball or giving it away before anyone could create a chance.
I don't rate Drogba at all. He seems lazy and unable to convert simple chances. If Chelsea had an Henry or someone similar they would clean everyone up, rather than average strikers like Kezman and Drogba. Currently I think they rely too much on Lampard to score their goals. I think that they also really need Robben and Duff to be fully fit and playing well.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Sir Redman said:
Oh I agree that Chelsea are the better team. My point was more that Mourinho needs to learn to be more gracious in defeat.
Mourinho is really a sore loser...I also think that though he said he wants Liverpool to win the Champions League...he wants it to be otherwise

shaka

International Regular
i agree, Liverpool need to return to some of the old glory days., and put Haizl behind them.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
shaka said:
i agree, Liverpool need to return to some of the old glory days., and put Haizl behind them.
Ya Its amazing how a high profile team like Liverpool performs pathetically in their home league and look a completely different team in the Champions League.

They simply p*ss me off when they dont perform in the premiership...but its the club's Aura and the constant reminder of the Anfield atmosphere that'll make this club forever my favourite and one day they'll surely regain THEIR old glory

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
that wont happen to such an extent for a very long time if they fail to win the champs league this time around, there is no way that they can overtake the likes of arsenal, chelsea or even man utd anytime soon, they are light years ahead of the rest of the premiership, the fact that in terms of points liverpool are closer to the bottom of the table than they are to second place says it all really.

shaka

International Regular
gotta start somewhere i guess in their rebuilding, has to start with retaining Steven Gerrard.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yes losing gerrard would be a huge step backwards, at least 3 years development will have been lost if he goe simo, regardless of whether he stays or not, they have to bring in at least 2 decent defenders and an extra midfielder, one or two other players are also needed i expect. Having cisse and morientes both fully fit and eligible for all competitions will be a major boost as well.