• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Why OH WHY is Dave Hughes commentating? He is bloody hilarious, but a terrible commentator.

SIX AND OUT

U19 12th Man
Great week of footy

Pies winning a thriller
WCE getting up in pre-season derby
Doggies show improvement
Saints stay strong after comeback by Hawks
Dees defeat the best in the business
Roos thrash Geelong in low scoring affair
Blues beat Sheedy's bombers
Power get over the line against Crows.

Tight games except two, shows another big season is ahead.

GO THE PIES.

David

International 12th Man
Linda said:
Why OH WHY is Dave Hughes commentating? He is bloody hilarious, but a terrible commentator.
Hmmm, I find him to be about as hilarious as mowing the lawn. Sometimes he'll make me smile, but most of the time he really gets on my nerves, must be his voice..

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buddhmaster said:
I bet you're happy with that performance benchmark. And Simpson played good too :D
:D :D :D Over the moon, How good is Thompson gonna be this year? him and Sav Rocca.... im foaming at the mouth!!!!.... picione played well too... and simpson is a gun... go roos!!!

Slats4ever

this season is sooo open! it's so hard to pick a winner. The fav's have to be St Kilda and Port... but then teams like Melbourne... Geelong... Sydney... West Coast could all really give it a good shake..

I'm a big Sydney fan and I think they'll do alright if they can get Adam Goodes back up into the forwards instead of playing half back and if Jason Ball has a good year in teh rucks

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
this season is sooo open! it's so hard to pick a winner. The fav's have to be St Kilda and Port... but then teams like Melbourne... Geelong... Sydney... West Coast could all really give it a good shake..

I'm a big Sydney fan and I think they'll do alright if they can get Adam Goodes back up into the forwards instead of playing half back and if Jason Ball has a good year in teh rucks
I don't know. Barry Hall at Centre half forward and O'Loughlin or O'Keefe at full forward, if Goodes can hold down centre half back, the whole team would look better.

Black Thunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
i'm a mad west coast fan. love the game.

for those who don't know there is a great forum for the game at www.bigfooty.com

don't know what the policy is here in terms of posting other web-site addresses, but if it's not allowed please tell me and i'll delete it.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
I don't know. Barry Hall at Centre half forward and O'Loughlin or O'Keefe at full forward, if Goodes can hold down centre half back, the whole team would look better.
Yeah i think the swans are in for a real show this year (unfortunately :D ).... Darren Jolly swapping with Ball in the ruck will be a HUGE asset, it was so obvious that the swans were lacking 2 quality ruckman last year with Goodes' injury.... Dave Spriggs looks pretty handy too, should have a pretty potent midfield... It'll be interesting how Paul Roos plays Adam Schnieder (sp?) this year (he comes from near where i live,lol), up forward as a goal sneak or maybe in the midfield, because ive heard he got really fit for the role

Linda

Hey does anyone remember who that young Collingwood player was who injured his knee at the start of last season? IIRC, he hadnt played a handful of games, and I think it was lining up to be his second knee recon.

Slats4ever

Schneider's a champ... he got lost last season cos the other teams worked him out but i reckon in the long run he'll be a real force for the swans. they've gotta do it for maxfield this year. i reckon it's his last...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
Schneider's a champ... he got lost last season cos the other teams worked him out but i reckon in the long run he'll be a real force for the swans. they've gotta do it for maxfield this year. i reckon it's his last...
I hope it's not his last season. He would play till he's 50 if it was my decision.

benchmark00

Linda said:
Hey does anyone remember who that young Collingwood player was who injured his knee at the start of last season? IIRC, he hadnt played a handful of games, and I think it was lining up to be his second knee recon.
Yeah i know which one youre talking about, but i cant for the life of me remember what his name is! actually starting to annoy me now!...

It'll be interesting how Tarkan Lockyear (sp??) goes this year, with his past knee problems, he's a gun me thinks.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Linda said:
I think you're talking about Tom Davidson.

Linda

Yeah thanks, I found it shortly after writing that. I went to the CFC site and just looked at the names, I knew I would remember it if I saw it.
Anyway, good luck to him for this season. What an horrific start to a career, (ala Shane Watson but much worse, lol!) I really hope he does well just for getting through that. Seeing him injuredso badly last year in his first game was just heartbreaking.

benchmark00

Picket suspended for 6 weeks... bit harsh dont you think?

You would think someone would take him down and not let him hang there for that long.... (very poor joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.