• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
David said:
Sydney and who? :P

Look at is this way, the Lions were good enough to capitalise on those monetary concessions three times in a row, Sydney, none. ;)
haha touche...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
David said:
Sydney and who? :P

Look at is this way, the Lions were good enough to capitalise on those monetary concessions three times in a row, Sydney, none. ;)
Let's not go Sydney bashing please.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Let's not go Sydney bashing please.
haha well at least you can say Sydney are 'due' for a premiership..... yet to get off the duck in grand final wins lol

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Tigers were so close today. SO BLOODY CLOSE :(

*wipes tears away*

And no bagging Richo. He's the Afridi of the AFL. :p

benchmark00

Jono said:
The Tigers were so close today. SO BLOODY CLOSE :(

*wipes tears away*

And no bagging Richo. He's the Afridi of the AFL. :p
Except Afridi hits 6's... and richo doesnt :p

benchmark00

Jono said:
Harsh but fair. :(

I still love Richo though. You have to be a tiger fan to understand :p
Hahaha i think i know what ya mean, my dad is a one eyed tigers supporter and he swears that richo is a gun, lol

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Casson said:
Gooooooooooooooooo Collingwood!! This is the year...
Personally I think that with Bell and Pietersen coming through it's not going to be this year that he makes it in Tests.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Sadly I think the Lions are gone...it's over
St Kilda will win it this year, and the year after that

benchmark00

James90 said:
Sadly I think the Lions are gone...it's over
St Kilda will win it this year, and the year after that
Wise words, i picked sainters to win the flag in 2004 during 2003... if that makes sense, i think it was a bit premature (with finals experience, or lack there of).... but now i think its a pretty safe bet they'll be there-abouts.... i think they're a pretty safe bet... and Riewoldt for the brownlow... put your hard earned on it :p

p.s saints beat hawks tonight by 9 points...

And sydney also lost this afternoon with there 2nd grade team playing,lol

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
it'll be interesting to see how the crowds at the gabba go this year should the lions be on the way down. my guess is they'll stay similar, but only because of the amount of victorians moving up here to what is a far better city than melbourne.

certainly, there's been no buzz whatsoever about the lions' premiership chances this year in the media up here so far...

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I personally don't think the Saints will win this year. I think Port should go good again with Francou and Primus back, aswell as Geelong, with the young brigade another year older. And you never know, Sydney might give it a shake :happy:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Im very much looking forward to the home and away season, as my team is West Coast and they are looking very good this year.
But as for this pre-season rubbish, meh, I dont reallly care that much. I find it hard to take it seriously, tbh.

Although, its ALWAYS nice to beat Freo ;)

Slow Love™

International Captain
This'll be another crap year for my team (the Hawks), after we let two class coaches who were obviously interested pass us by (I don't count Wallace, 'cause I don't think he was ever interested). It makes me wonder if perhaps we've got secret financial problems, and if that's what inspired Don Scott's ill-fated board challenge.

Picking Vandenberg for the captaincy was a step in the right direction. We still lack reliable key-position players though.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I've just been watching the Demons-Lions game, and I was quite impressed by both teams. For Brisbane, youngsters Spanderman, Merrett, Hadley, Selwood, Drummond and especially Corie all impressing. For Melbourne, McLean looked like he's gonna be good this year, aswell as middle aged players Whelan and Wheatley. Also for the Lions, Bradshaw provided a good target, and they kciked to him like they were kicking to Lynch, which is a good sign. I don't think we should write them off yet.

benchmark00

The Demons looked the goods to me, but you cant read into that game too much, due to the players that were missing, i think Rivers for Melbourne will be a huge star this year, and if White can have another top year, they could give it a shake..

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Well it's an odd year, so Melbourne shouldn't do good, but I think they will. I was very happy with the Swans today aswell. Only lost by 20 points using a 2nd 22 team. Great effort that.

Status
Not open for further replies.