• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash chaulk

International Captain
The top 3 players on the ground were all Aboriginals boy did they light it up Byron and Burgoyne went on damaging runs and then waganeens experience kicking like 3 quick goals in the last term easily gave port the win.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yeah, Byron's runs in paticular were awsome to watch. Gotta love it how he backs himself against nearly everyone, and usually wins. The confidence!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Indigenous players almost always perform in the Grand Final. I still remember Michael Long in the 1993 Grand Final.

And yes Picket is an absolute star. When he goes for a run and backs himself, its so entertaining.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
And K Cornes, keeping Simon Black quiet is an absolute achievement I reckon.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My girlfriend who works at the Courier/Sunday mail said they had to change the paper after the Lions lost, they had it stories and set-ups all ready for Brisbane's win. Usually they would have it for both outcomes, but not this time.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
AFL Grand Final Thread

There's soccer, rugby and tennis threads, so here's us real footy lovers thread. I just hope there's enough of us to keep this going.

First off, I support Sydney, but I have a special place in my heart for the Dockers, so I was disapointed with tonites game. The Tigers-Pies game is still playing here in Perth, and I hope the Tigers can pull through.

David

International 12th Man
AFL has never been the same since my club merged with Brisbane.

C'arn the Lions!

Fitzroy shall live in my memory til I die.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
David said:
AFL has never been the same since my club merged with Brisbane.

C'arn the Lions!
I'm predicting at most, a top 8 finish for the lions this year, they're on the way down.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you didnt make this thread i certainly was!! go the mighty Roos!

Yeah It was a good game in the end over in the west, but it really was dominated by west coast if you ask me.... i think they'll be more than handy this year....

Did you see the Richmond Vs Collingwood game? it was awesome... shouldve seen roccas super goal... went a long long way... about 70m... the tigers had that game won but in classical richmond fashion, choked... i think they'll struggle this year up back.. no key defenders to speak of, and Gasper is now showing that his time is up... and Tigers need to wake up and trade that dead weight richardson

David

International 12th Man
Buddhmaster said:
I'm predicting at most, a top 8 finish for the lions this year, they're on the way down.
3 in a row was good enough for me, especially in today's AFL which is slanted towards balancing the teams.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
afls the only sport i can watch up here at home (through abc asia pacific). i support the swans but i dont follow it too much, only checking the scores and how sydneys going about once a week.

benchmark00

David said:
3 in a row was good enough for me, especially in today's AFL which is slanted towards balancing the teams.
Even though Brisbane and Sydney were favoured through monetry concessions ;)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
If you didnt make this thread i certainly was!! go the mighty Roos!

Yeah It was a good game in the end over in the west, but it really was dominated by west coast if you ask me.... i think they'll be more than handy this year....

Did you see the Richmond Vs Collingwood game? it was awesome... shouldve seen roccas super goal... went a long long way... about 70m... the tigers had that game won but in classical richmond fashion, choked... i think they'll struggle this year up back.. no key defenders to speak of, and Gasper is now showing that his time is up... and Tigers need to wake up and trade that dead weight richardson
I think you're being a bit harsh. Richo can still produce a brilliant performance, as he did last year. And when he does, the Tigers more then likely won't lose. Tambling and Delaio(?) are really good additions, as if Simmonds to the forward line, and Graham to the back. If Gasper gets into good touch, the backline will be better, and I think they'll have a good year.

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
I think you're being a bit harsh. Richo can still produce a brilliant performance, as he did last year. And when he does, the Tigers more then likely won't lose. Tambling and Delaio(?) are really good additions, as if Simmonds to the forward line, and Graham to the back. If Gasper gets into good touch, the backline will be better, and I think they'll have a good year.
Yeah but 1 out of 22 games isnt good enough for mine... lol.... yeah tambling will be a superstar, and deladio is from the murray bushrangers, which is basically my local team, i know him pretty well, bit of a stooge if you ask me.... yeah well i thought graham would be handy in the backline too, but wallace played graham up foward for portions of the game tonight, which makes me think that they're gonna go with that, simmonds can produce the good if he could kick properly lol.... i certainly hope gasper comes good, because what ive been seeing of him is terrible! although i must say nathan brown is in the best dozen players in the league in my opinion

Last edited:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Kangaroos are one of those teams that I don't really care about, but I love watching them when they play good. Plus Adam Simpson is my favourite player, for no reason at all. I don't know how they will go this year, because of heard nothing of how its going for them over there.

David

International 12th Man
benchmark00 said:
Even though Brisbane and Sydney were favoured through monetry concessions ;)
Sydney and who? :P

Look at is this way, the Lions were good enough to capitalise on those monetary concessions three times in a row, Sydney, none. ;)

benchmark00

Buddhmaster said:
Kangaroos are one of those teams that I don't really care about, but I love watching them when they play good. Plus Adam Simpson is my favourite player, for no reason at all. I don't know how they will go this year, because of heard nothing of how its going for them over there.
Yeah we're basically cactus i think, but i think our spirit (opposed to our skill) will win us a few games.... finals definately out of the question im afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.