• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*NEW GAME LMS, starting March 26th* (English Football)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yeah. I've as good as given up on 3rd already, as we'll get tonked by Chelsea, and even if Arsenal do too, they're in good enough form to win most if not all of their other games, and we're not. I just hope Ferguson uses the games to try out new ideas. We need to cath up with the others, we're light-years behind.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Now time for my moan about Peter Cech (sp). He was incredibly poorly positioned for Birmingham's goal, made nmo attempt whatsoever to get properly positioned either. IMO he's overrated, and has the huge advantage of playing behind one of the best defences this country has seen. He is more reliable than Carroll, but he's made a number of mistakes that have gone unnoticed, because either it hasn't led to a goal due to his defence helping him out, and a few have led to goals (such as his lunacy in coming out for a freekick against Bolton quite early in the season). His few 'fantastic' saves, with the exception of a minor few, he would have been very disappointed if they had got past him. He's good, but I definately wouldn't say he's the best in the Premiership. and he's not the reason Chelsea are so good.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tom Halsey said:
Now time for my moan about Peter Cech (sp). He was incredibly poorly positioned for Birmingham's goal, made nmo attempt whatsoever to get properly positioned either. IMO he's overrated, and has the huge advantage of playing behind one of the best defences this country has seen. He is more reliable than Carroll, but he's made a number of mistakes that have gone unnoticed, because either it hasn't led to a goal due to his defence helping him out, and a few have led to goals (such as his lunacy in coming out for a freekick against Bolton quite early in the season). His few 'fantastic' saves, with the exception of a minor few, he would have been very disappointed if they had got past him. He's good, but I definately wouldn't say he's the best in the Premiership. and he's not the reason Chelsea are so good.
You edited it for spelling but forgot those... :p

Norway 2, Essex 0 :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
marc71178 said:
So who is the best in the Premiership then Tom?
That I'm not sure of. Could be one of a number, 'keepers like Jaskaleinen (sp) and Keily are extremely reliable, and I'd be very pleased if United bought either. As I said, Cech is good, but IMO overrated.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Southend - Leyton Orient 0-1.

Lesson learnt: Never back pikeys.
Lovely, game over, and still time for round three starting next week!

The question remains, though, will Luton celebrate promotion with a win over Franchise FC, or will the principle-free scum continue their recent good run and allow Hakon a share of the trophy?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yes, yes, well done Cloete. The rest of you can be consoled that the gits from Milton Keynes are back in relegation trouble. For the second time this thread, Up the Torquay.

Next time around?

Cloete

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Yes, yes, well done Cloete. The rest of you can be consoled that the gits from Milton Keynes are back in relegation trouble. For the second time this thread, Up the Torquay.

Next time around?
Why not?

I need to go one better than Halsey ;)