• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*NEW GAME LMS, starting March 26th* (English Football)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Seems like I've made up my own fixtures this weekend as far as tipping goes.

Presume I can just pick from tomorrow's games?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seems like I've made up my own fixtures this weekend as far as tipping goes.

Presume I can just pick from tomorrow's games?
Lol. Yes, no worries.

EDIT: bi in same boat it seems. FFS chaps, how hard is it to pick a game that's actually being played on the right weekend?!? :p

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Lol. Yes, no worries.

EDIT: bi in same boat it seems. FFS chaps, how hard is it to pick a game that's actually being played on the right weekend?!? :p
Think I've looked at QPR and Cardiff as being Championship bankers and got my wires crossed. Did it earlier when Wigan beat Spurs, initially I tipped Liverpool to beat them because I somehow confused Wigan and West Brom.

Anyway, Liverpool to beat Blackpool

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, Brentwood Town appear to have won, but against Hornchurch AFC rather than East Thurrock. Pretty damn sure it said they were playing East Thurrock on the BBC website, and would have picked Brentwood anyway, but if you guys think I've rorted my way into round 2, then drop me from the list.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well, Brentwood Town appear to have won, but against Hornchurch AFC rather than East Thurrock. Pretty damn sure it said they were playing East Thurrock on the BBC website, and would have picked Brentwood anyway, but if you guys think I've rorted my way into round 2, then drop me from the list.
Can confirm it said East Thurrock on Thursday. Checked out a few of those matches before deciding 8th division vs 9th division wasn't anything to bank on.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
:laugh:

Marvellously passive aggressive stuff. I'll look a sook & a pedant if I don't give you the nod now. Kudos. :ph34r:

Nah, look, it's only a bit of fun, after all. Vimes has no dog in the fight so you're good.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
God knows what drugs Heef's on (Sanatogen and Fixodent is my guess) but Brentwood did play East Thurrock and did win, so his orig call is all good.

Sadly the same can't be said for Spudsy or biased indian, both of whom's tips were games not played on the weekend in question. Sorry, chaps.

They're far from alone in exiting tho as the field is decimated. A staggering 15/19 fall at the first!

Fallers:

grecian: The Slime 0
to beat Hartlepool 1
cpr: Middlesbrough 2 to beat Portsmouth 2
marc: Hull 0 to beat Coventry 0
roseboy: West Ham 1 v Fulham 1
Somerset: Liverpool 1 to beat Blackpool 2
ripper: LiverPool 1 over blackppol 2
NUFAN: Brighton 1 over Tranmere 1
GF: Liverpool 1 to beat Blackpool 2
Vimes: Fleetwood 1 over Histon 1
chalky: Liverpool 1 to beat Blackpool 2
fatt: Preston 1 to lose to Reading 1
fertang : Liverpool 1 to beat Blackpool 2
GIMH: AFC Wimbledon 1 to beat Forest Green 1
Marcuss: Aldershot 0 to beat Cheltenham 2
pasag: Liverpool 1 vs Blackpool 2

Standing:

Fotw: QPR 2
to beat Crystal Palace 1
HDS: Brentwood Town 4 to spring a surprise over East Thurrock 3
Brumby: Crawley 2 to beat Kiddy 0
Pickup: MANCHESTER CITY 2 v Newcastle United 1

Fixtures from the BBC for the select few who remain. Games played 9th-11th Octoberonly please.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol. I checked the FA Cup website yesterday and it DEFINITELY said Brentwood Town 1 - 0 Hornchurch AFC.

Score wrong, opposition wrong. What's goin' on?

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Sadly the same can't be said for Spudsy or biased indian, both of whom's tips were games not played on the weekend in question. Sorry, chaps.
Would have been bloody well to know that prior mate. The fixtures were just given and no time-table for when to pick so I just blomming picked.