Page 102 of 265 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3972
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: English Football: Last Man Standing 2013/14 Season

  1. #1516
    International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    7,089
    Liverpool to beat west ham.
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

    -Tolstoy

  2. #1517
    International Coach grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    Posts
    14,946
    Hmm, tricky set of matches. I'm loathe to do it but

    man U over citeh please, because I think West Ham will take points of the Scousers.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  3. #1518
    Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    DRS Box
    Posts
    18,895
    Manure to win
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

  4. #1519
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    11,810
    Newcastle to win at last


  5. #1520
    International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    4,899
    Burnley v Reading
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

  6. #1521
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,412
    Quote Originally Posted by pinchy81 View Post
    Burnley v Reading
    Tha'ts the route i'm taking as well...

  7. #1522
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    11,810
    Quote Originally Posted by marcussjd9 View Post
    Tha'ts the route i'm taking as well...
    A brave call that one guys - here's hoping you're both still in this time next week

  8. #1523
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,412
    I'm backing them to win the playoffs.....
    Suppose it is pretty brave considering both teams respective results last time out.. With Burnley scoring 4.
    Just out of interest.... how long do these things usually run for? I mean isn't it a bit of a weird time to start one considering how much of the season is actually left?

  9. #1524
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,909
    Quote Originally Posted by marcussjd9 View Post
    I'm backing them to win the playoffs.....
    Suppose it is pretty brave considering both teams respective results last time out.. With Burnley scoring 4.
    Just out of interest.... how long do these things usually run for? I mean isn't it a bit of a weird time to start one considering how much of the season is actually left?
    4-5 weeks on average, I'd guess. Was touch and go whether it was worth starting another, tbh. Another week & it wouldn't have been worth it.

    Have at least another 4 weeks of games, including cup final, so might get it done. We always start a new one immediately after the last one ends.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

  10. #1525
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,412
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    4-5 weeks on average, I'd guess. Was touch and go whether it was worth starting another, tbh. Another week & it wouldn't have been worth it.

    Have at least another 4 weeks of games, including cup final, so might get it done. We always start a new one immediately after the last one ends.
    So I won't have too long to wait when I get knocked out this weekend
    Well I'm assuming the next one after this one will be at the start of next season

  11. #1526
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,909
    Quote Originally Posted by marcussjd9 View Post
    So I won't have too long to wait when I get knocked out this weekend
    Well I'm assuming the next one after this one will be at the start of next season
    Yeah, think that's a fairly safe-ish bet.

  12. #1527
    Hall of Fame Member Marcuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Above you
    Posts
    15,412
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, think that's a fairly safe-ish bet.
    Out of interest... What is the longest one has gone on for?

  13. #1528
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,909
    Quote Originally Posted by marcussjd9 View Post
    Out of interest... What is the longest one has gone on for?
    Not sure. The one pasag won back in October, maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    The Honour Roll:

    Halsey 25/02-28/03/05
    Cloete 01/04-18/04/05
    Halsey 12/01-12/02/07
    Brumby 23/02-26/03/07
    Brumby, Matteh & marc (tied) 30/03-07/05/07
    Brumby 10/08-17/09/07
    Jamee 21/09-22/10/07
    headhunter 26/10-26/11/07
    Vimes 30/11-30/12/07
    Halsey 05/01-04/02/08
    grecian 08/02-24/03/08
    altoz 28/03-05/05/08
    Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    pasag 30/08-26/10/08
    Matteh 01/11-01/12/08
    roseboy 06/12-26/12/08
    Simon 02/01-09/02/09
    GIMH 14/02-23/03/09

    fertang, SKD & Vimes (tied) 27/03-27/04/09

  14. #1529
    Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jason Koumas is having a party
    Posts
    48,062
    Think we should do one over the summer with the Aussie league or something, if anyone is up for it. Not even sure which months the Aussie league runs in.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

    SWA

    RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

  15. #1530
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,909
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Think we should do one over the summer with the Aussie league or something, if anyone is up for it. Not even sure which months the Aussie league runs in.
    Summer (their summer) tbh.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* English Football Season 2012-13
    By marc71178 in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 5140
    Last Post: 16-06-2013, 12:05 PM
  2. The Red Thread
    By Slats4ever in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 3619
    Last Post: 19-04-2010, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •