• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Soccer Speculation Thread.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The purpose of this thread is to discuss the opinion of everyone on potential transfers and rumours in the world of football (soccer version).

For instance Jose Antonio Reyes has recently been linked with a move to Real Madrid, in my own personal opinion i hope this is not the case and i seriously doubt that this rumour will materialise as fact. Although i do predict that in the summer Adriano of Inter Milan will make a move across europe to chelsea.

Anyone else care to make any bold predictions?
the person who posts the most correct predictions will be honoured as the winner of this great competition...hehe

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well im sorry to say i dont know much about professional soccer. but i have my first game of the season. and it started snowing today at practice. but i speculate that we will win this first match.
sorry to ruin your thread with that first reply.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
andyc said:
well im sorry to say i dont know much about professional soccer. but i have my first game of the season. and it started snowing today at practice. but i speculate that we will win this first match.
sorry to ruin your thread with that first reply.
lol no probs

BlackStar

Cricket Spectator
Reyes to Real Madrid
Owen to Chelsea (to pay for Reyes)
Gerrard to Chelsea (if Liverpool don't qualify for Champions League)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
BlackStar said:
Reyes to Real Madrid
Owen to Chelsea (to pay for Reyes)
Gerrard to Chelsea (if Liverpool don't qualify for Champions League)
owen to chelsea? why would they want him?!? they could get someone far better than him. its more likely that he would join arsenal in the deal for reyes, but that isnt very likely either. although i hate to think what may happen if gerrard joins chelsea.......have a horrible feeling you may be right about that one.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i hav eit it from a good sorce that gerrard and chelsea are pretty much done deals

and i am a liverpool fan !

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
lets hope for everyone elses sake that you have been misinformed then :p, if thats true then its bad bad news

twctopcat

International Regular
I can't help but believe the adriano story though Mourinho has insisted he doesn't need any more strikers and he tends to keep to his word. I think Owen may well return to Liverpool this summer so long as he remains on the bench for real. Wright-phillips will move in the summer with city's spiralling debts but who to is anyones guess. I think that the summer of 2006 will see ronaldinho move to chelsea as well - though that's a long shot.

BlackStar

Cricket Spectator
Because chelsea dominate but don't score enough goals. Without the flying Robben they are a bit toothless. I am not a massive fan of Owen but he does get goals and he gives you options. I would rather have Owen than Kezman.

Where will Figo go? Wants England but not sure where . Newcastle will have to change. how about Everton?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
agreed owen is better than kezman, but many strikers that chelsea could have are better than owen. as for figo i assume a team like newcastle of maybe middlesbrough, or possibly even everton.

twctopcat

International Regular
Don't know if the sort of club figo wants to move to will afford his no doubt outrageous wage demands, perhaps newcastle, but depends if they want an ageing star. My bet is he may move to Italy somewhere.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
another thing that will have to be sorted is arsenal and man utds keeper crisis, i cannot see eitehr of these clubs persisting with almunia and carrol for more than the end of the season. sebastian frey and carlo cudicini have been mentioned as potential signings but who knows....

twctopcat

International Regular
It will be a big shame if Gerrard goes, a big shame. It all depends how much he respects Benitez because i think Liverpool are a team on the up, and thats from a Utd fan. If they get Owen back then that may convince Gerrard to stay, along with morientes, alonso and garcia!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
twctopcat said:
Don't know if the sort of club figo wants to move to will afford his no doubt outrageous wage demands, perhaps newcastle, but depends if they want an ageing star. My bet is he may move to Italy somewhere.
yes i would tend to agree with you there, i dont honestly think he would be able to make a success of himself at this stage of his career in england anyway. his body wouldnt be upto it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
twctopcat said:
It will be a big shame if Gerrard goes, a big shame. It all depends how much he respects Benitez because i think Liverpool are a team on the up, and thats from a Utd fan. If they get Owen back then that may convince Gerrard to stay, along with morientes, alonso and garcia!
]

yes if that were to happen liverpool would have a formidable line up, esspecially when cisse recovers from his broken leg.

twctopcat

International Regular
Apparently iker cassilas has also been linked with Utd, though i don't know if we could afford him, we need to start looking (and possibly saving) for a Roy Keane replacement which is just as important.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
i hav eit it from a good sorce that gerrard and chelsea are pretty much done deals

and i am a liverpool fan !
I was told that about 12 months ago, then he made a U-turn.

If Liverpool don't make it into the CL next year, I expect him to be off.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
sledger said:
but many strikers that chelsea could have are better than owen.
For the current Chelsea system, yes.

However I think people are under-rating Owen here - currently the best Strike Rate in La Liga.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I think I heard somewhere that if Owen was moving to the Premiership that it would be to Arsenal in a swap for Reyes