• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wilshere's season playing for KBHS

Blaze

Banned
Langeveldt said:
Most people who are seriously good at cricket enjoy fielding.. They positively thrive at it.. You don't become class by spending half the time playing that sport doing something you hate..
Exactly. Fielding is what you make it. You can have awesome times in the field if you have the right atitude and at the same time have a laugh with your teammates and have a few words to the batsman.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
cricket player said:
I may not be sure but i believe in my self unlike you,Cricket is not some thing that you just learn it takes you alot of time and alot of concentration while fielding and specailly when you are batting,I may not get a half centurie or anything but i have the ability to do it and by god i will.
I believe in myself, but I would never make a claim like that...

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
cricket player said:
I may not be sure but i believe in my self unlike you,Cricket is not some thing that you just learn it takes you alot of time and alot of concentration while fielding and specailly when you are batting,I may not get a half centurie or anything but i have the ability to do it and by god i will.
Just so you know, cricket is a game, not a god-given task.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Match Report

A largely boring day.

Fielding and Bowling

It was very hot. I was a boundary rider for most of the game, so I had trouble as I have a poor throwing arm. Irritating.

Well, I barely got to touch the ball after the first 2 hours. I didn't get to bowl until they were about to declare. I bowled better than most of the other guys in my team that bowled - again, the batsman missed the ball BUT THE FREAKIN' BaLL BOUNCED OVER THE STUMPS. And yes, I only got 1 over. Doesn't the coach realise that I'm getting opportunities?

batting
I came in on the last over the day. Blocked 3 balls, let 2 go, and got in a bit of trouble-the ball spun sharply from leg to off, and I missed it - thankfully is missed off. I have to work on getting forward properly.

Again we faced a team older than us. This is really starting to get annoying. Why can't we play other form 3 teams?
It was a 2 day game, so next saturday I have to go back into the battlefield, and plonk the bat down on everything - they got 260, and we sure as hell ain't going to reach that. And, I'm going to try my best to make sure they don't get a first innings win.

We dropped a few catches. One of them was an absolute dolly, straight to matt(player in our team), and he dropped it. He also floored a slightly harder one, and another guy dropped a diving catch.

They got 1/260odd. A guy got a century. Not fair...

Last edited: