• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Langeveldt said:
At least the Boks can't get hammered :)
Don't be so sure; France have a centre called "Brian Liebenberg" & a prop called "Pieter de Villiers".

Three guesses where they hail from! :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I really think this could be Ireland's year - it's just a matter of stringing together consistent performances.

My predicted final standings are:

Ireland
England
France
Wales
Italy
Scotland

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
I really think this could be Ireland's year - it's just a matter of stringing together consistent performances.
Interesting pick in their loose forwards for the first game; dropped Johnny O'Connor. Denis Leamy comes in. Bum call in my opinion.

I really rate O'Connor, there was talk of him qualifying for us on residence (he plays for Wasps), but now Ireland have slapped a cap on him.

Mind you, it is Italy so it won't matter an ar$e. :D

D'Arcy back in the centre with O'Driscoll too, my picks for The Lions' centres, so be interesting to see how they go.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Am I right in thinking Ireland host both France and England this time?

If so then unless they're favourites their odds are very good.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
Am I right in thinking Ireland host both France and England this time?

If so then unless they're favourites their odds are very good.
You are right, yes.

I've seen them @ 4s, but for me the value bet are The Taffs @ 12s or 13s. They host The Micks on the last weekend too. Ireland haven't lost in Wales in 22 years (a very spooky stat), so I reckon you could say Wales are probably due.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there was one team comfortably ahead of the rest, then Wales would maybe worth looking at. But I just can't see them getting lucky against 2 of England, France and Ireland or possibly lucky against all 3 if they still go on goal difference instead of results between the two sides.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Per Eurobet:

France 7/5
England 7/4
Ireland 3/1
Wales 10/1
Scotland 250/1
Italy 1000/1

Not a lot of value there, but 3-1 on Ireland does tempt me.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
If there was one team comfortably ahead of the rest, then Wales would maybe worth looking at. But I just can't see them getting lucky against 2 of England, France and Ireland or possibly lucky against all 3 if they still go on goal difference instead of results between the two sides.
I think you mean points difference , but yes that would be the ultimate arbiter if two or more teams finished level. IIRC after that it would be tries scored, then try difference & finally the result(s) between the countries.

I reckon the bonus point system (four points for win, two points for draw, one point for scoring four tries in a game, one point for a defeat by 7 points or less) that's used in the Tri-Nations & Zurich Premiership is altogether fairer.