• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
No no no, hit a few thousand more times and Smith would froth at the mouth even more and would suddenly become obsessed with meaningless ODI series scorelines
Just a thought, but if the 4-1 drubbing was "meaningless".. Does that render Pietersen's amazing start "meaningless" as well?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The England team for Sunday

Robbo has resisted wholesale changes; the only change to the XV being forced on him by Phil Vickery's broken wrist. In comes the South African born Matt Stevens (it makes me laugh he use of "born", somehow implying he's not really South African, just happened to be born & raised there!). Wally Thompson is retained at hooker for....er, no, it'll come to me....& Chaz Hodgson is still there @ 10. Hmmm. Olly Barkley is (apparently) the solution to out place kicking woes (an impressive 0/3 against France!).

Olly Smith at least makes it to the bench (despite being the best outside-centre in the NH on current form & that includes BOD) & Andy Goode's boot is also available should Olly Barkley "do a Charlie" with the place-kicks. Duncan Bell (recently campaigning to be allowed to play for the Taffs!) comes in as prop cover on the bench.

1) G Rowntree (Leicester)
2) S Thompson (Northampton)
3) M Stevens (Bath)
4) D Grewcock (Bath)
5) B Kay (Leicester)
6) J Worsley (Wasps)
7) L Moody (Leicester)
8) M Corry (Leicester)
9) H Ellis (Leicester)
10) C Hodgson (Sale)
11) J Lewsey (Wasps)
12) O Barkley (Bath)
13) J Noon (Newcastle)
14) M Cueto (Sale)
15) J Robinson (Sale, capt)

Replacements : A Titterrell (Sale), D Bell (Bath), S Borthwick (Bath), A Hazell (Gloucester), M Dawson (Wasps), A Goode (Leicester), O Smith (Leicester).

Anna

International Vice-Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Robbo has resisted wholesale changes; the only change to the XV being forced on him by Phil Vickery's broken wrist. In comes the South African born Matt Stevens (it makes me laugh he use of "born", somehow implying he's not really South African, just happened to be born & raised there!). Wally Thompson is retained at hooker for....er, no, it'll come to me....& Chaz Hodgson is still there @ 10. Hmmm. Olly Barkley is (apparently) the solution to out place kicking woes (an impressive 0/3 against France!).

Olly Smith at least makes it to the bench (despite being the best outside-centre in the NH on current form & that includes BOD) & Andy Goode's boot is also available should Olly Barkley "do a Charlie" with the place-kicks. Duncan Bell (recently campaigning to be allowed to play for the Taffs!) comes in as prop cover on the bench.

1) G Rowntree (Leicester)
2) S Thompson (Northampton)
3) M Stevens (Bath)
4) D Grewcock (Bath)
5) B Kay (Leicester)
6) J Worsley (Wasps)
7) L Moody (Leicester)
8) M Corry (Leicester)
9) H Ellis (Leicester)
10) C Hodgson (Sale)
11) J Lewsey (Wasps)
12) O Barkley (Bath)
13) J Noon (Newcastle)
14) M Cueto (Sale)
15) J Robinson (Sale, capt)

Replacements : A Titterrell (Sale), D Bell (Bath), S Borthwick (Bath), A Hazell (Gloucester), M Dawson (Wasps), A Goode (Leicester), O Smith (Leicester).
Hmm. I think you'll find Olly only took 2 kicks! Anyway, Matt Stevens doesn't even start for Bath, so playing him ahead of Belly seems a bit strange.... I really hope someone'll teach Thompson how to throw before Sunday!!
Thankfully, we now have our first choice backrow available so that's at least one constant element in the team.
Oh, & one more thing....go Danny Grewcock! lol

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anna said:
Hmm. I think you'll find Olly only took 2 kicks! Anyway, Matt Stevens doesn't even start for Bath, so playing him ahead of Belly seems a bit strange.... I really hope someone'll teach Thompson how to throw before Sunday!!
Thankfully, we now have our first choice backrow available so that's at least one constant element in the team.
Oh, & one more thing....go Danny Grewcock! lol
I hate to be a pedant (actually, that's not strictly true, but I try to fight my pedantic streak!),
but it was 3 misses; check the Beeb's report (64 mins, Half-time & 38 mins are the lapses):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/international/4243773.stm

& fair play to Danny; his boot on the Welsh scrummie's head was my highlight so far! :D

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone got predictions for this weekend's matches?

Saturday 27th:
Scotland v Italy
France v Wales

Sunday 28th:
Ireland v England

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Somerset said:
Anyone got predictions for this weekend's matches?

Saturday 27th:
Scotland v Italy
France v Wales

Sunday 28th:
Ireland v England
Tricky, all could go either way. Nevertheless I'll say:

Scotland to win by 10-12;
France to sneak it by 3-5 (Wales have had their one decent performance & France can't keep being so ar$e); &
England to finally show their class & win by 8-10. I'm hoping for an early introduction for Ollie Smith @ OC. The boy's very good.

So get yer money on Italy, Wales & Ireland ASAP! :D

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Scotland by 15-20, easy victory for the Scots.
France by 7-10, but I'm predicting a close match until the dying stages.
Ireland by 5-7, another tight game but I'm picking the Irish to sneak in front with about fifteen minutes to play.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Scotland beat Italy 18-10, as predicted.
The shock result this morning was Wales, and their victory over France, 24-18. Great comeback from the Welsh after trailing 15-3 early on.

Piper

International Captain
Somerset said:
Scotland beat Italy 18-10, as predicted.
The shock result this morning was Wales, and their victory over France, 24-18. Great comeback from the Welsh after trailing 15-3 early on.
Man was that a great game, the best ive seen in a while! I think Wales does deserve to win the Grand Slam after that performance

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ref is shafting England big time against Ireland, it's the sort of performance the World Cup final referee would be 'proud' of.

Scaly piscine

Game is quickly becoming a farce thanks to the efforts of this referee, Ireland practically have to punch the ball forward like an Aussie rules player to have a knock-on given against them.

Piper

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Game is quickly becoming a farce thanks to the efforts of this referee, Ireland practically have to punch the ball forward like an Aussie rules player to have a knock-on given against them.
Haha, that World Cup ref was pretty bad lol... I watched the first 10 minutes but i turned it off England, wont even win a game this year i dont think :(

Piper

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Just as I say that another absolutely CRIMINAL decision from the referee.
If the decisions are really bad England should complain, even tho i dont think it will do much to be honest.

Scaly piscine

If I were Ireland I'd almost feel guilty about winning a game like that, simply put the referee cheated England out of that game.

Piper

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
If I were Ireland I'd almost feel guilty about winning a game like that, simply put the referee cheated England out of that game.
I think if the team were as good as they seem to be they will complain about the decisions too...