• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Emerged out of Sydney Club Rugby ftr, Southern Districts IIRC
Still has the accent, tbf. Initially copped a fair bit of flack (him being an Aussie probably didn't help in that regard), but he's moved from being merely a safe pair of hands (or, more accurately, a safe boot) to being the best kicking out half in the championship. Won 3 MotM awards in the 6 Nations.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose as our Gallic chums would have it.

Italy putting up a decent fist up front (although the way they were shoved off their own ball for the second try should lead to questions being asked), but lack the cutting edge to make the territory and possession really count.

Great strength for Malzieu's try. Had a lot to do and made it look easy.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Find it quite irritating they way they're moaning about the cold at a rugby game. It's only -2C ffs. Everyone in this country has been shoved out to do PE in freezing conditions with a 10 degree windchill, touched the ball about twice and gone back inside again.

Scaly piscine

Well at least they've not given a dozen dumb penalties away by now, so that's an improvement. The one that just went against them at the scrum was blatantly wrong.

Scaly piscine

Back to witless ****e again to gift the clueless jocks some points. Which is generally the only way they'll create anything.

Scaly piscine

Pretty harsh them not getting the penalty (advantage) there after the no-try decision. Don't know the rules but he definitely brushed against the ball with his wrist (for the try that wasn't).

England gift them a try opportunity and they **** it up.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

****ing idiot. Nothing possession for the Jocks on halfway and you give them territory on a plate. That's the sort of thing that should get someone dropped but never happened under Johnson.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pretty horrible stuff. The basic skills on display were woeful. The French, Irish & Welsh will make mincemeat of us if they get as much ball as we gave the Sweaties.

On the plus side Barritt looked solid defensively and Croft put in another good shift up front.

Youngs's form at #9 is a worry tho; hasn't looked the same player since his injury and Hodgson's passing looked subpar. Although credit to him for chasing what looked like a lost cause for the try.

Still, first win in chilly Jockoland since before we won the world cup*, so cannot complain too loudly.

*EDIT: Actually 2004, but even so.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Still has the accent, tbf. Initially copped a fair bit of flack (him being an Aussie probably didn't help in that regard), but he's moved from being merely a safe pair of hands (or, more accurately, a safe boot) to being the best kicking out half in the championship. Won 3 MotM awards in the 6 Nations.
Perplexes me he never got much of ago at Super Rugby level tbh - guess he said the wrong thing to a bloke in a suit and saw the writing on the wall...leading pointscorer for 2 years running or something isn't he?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fmd rugby's so painful to watch these days, it used to be my second-favourite sport. Not sure whether it's because the sport's changed so much since the rule changes or it's just the way I see it that's changed but it feels like penalties and sin-bins don't disincentivise cynically slowing the ball down anywhere near enough.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Perplexes me he never got much of ago at Super Rugby level tbh - guess he said the wrong thing to a bloke in a suit and saw the writing on the wall...leading pointscorer for 2 years running or something isn't he?
Dunno, but he had an absolute Barry Crocker yesterday. Seemed a beat behind the pace all game & paid the price when Charlie H caught him dithering.

Fmd rugby's so painful to watch these days, it used to be my second-favourite sport. Not sure whether it's because the sport's changed so much since the rule changes or it's just the way I see it that's changed but it feels like penalties and sin-bins don't disincentivise cynically slowing the ball down anywhere near enough.
Guess you see what you want to see.

Been a good half of test rugby, IMHO. Welsh should really have turned their dominance into more points, but Ireland hung in well.

Priestland's a great footballer, but his place kicking isn't of the first water. Mind you one could say exactly the same about ***ton.

Jarquis

Finally Halfbenny gets the boot, Preistland not having the best of times off the tee.

Bowe ****s up and Wales score from the ensuing line-out. Missed tackle on North not ideal either.

Scaly piscine

Come on even I know that's a red card. If he was anywhere near the ball it would be a red card. That's just even worse, somehow.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Barnes definitely swallowed that one.

Anyway, Ireland making the extra man count. Big miss from ***ton on the conv, tho, but. A converted try would still do it for the Leekists.

Scaly piscine

Ugh. I presume that guy who tried to break somebody's neck will get banned?

Ah that's better, Irish still just ahead.