• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Running 6/6 on tips so far, so see if I can end the good work tonight:

Wales to beat France by 6

Yer Welsh were spawny in the extreme when stealing the game from the gallant sweaties and France looked imperious against Ireland, but I still fancy the Taffs. Parra & Trinh-Duc are a v young half pairing and the latter will have Martyn Williams on his case all game tonight. Roberts versus Bastereaud a huge match up in the centres and think Jamie can hold his own. Expect lots of high balls to test the occasionally suspect Poitrenaud.

Scotland to beat Italy by 9

Italians have worried (and indeed beaten) yer Sweaties more than once, but their backs are very limited. It'll be dour, but Parks and the Scots back row should see them home.

England to beat Ireland by 12

Both teams have points to prove after week 2, but England at home with WIlko to kick his points should see us home.
Looks like you might go 0-3 this week brumby.

cpr

International Coach
Shocking conditions at Twickenham, really scrappy game so far from what i've seen (missed the try though)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice win, really needed the Welsh to do us a favour last night but we've got Wales and Scotland at home so it's a great shot at the Triple Crown.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What happened? They've left that incident out of the extended highlights.
Ref gave us a pen for Ireland going to ground at the scrum, Care wanted to take a quick one but O'Leary refused to release the ball. Care pushed him over and pen was reversed. Travesty, tbf. O'Leary should had 10 mins in the bin and pen moved forward 10 yards.

Touch judge's English wasn't great so suspect something was lost in translation.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Back then after the week off. Hope to improve on 0/3 for me tips:

Ireland to beat Wales by 12

Ireland the clear pick of the home nations and Wales don't have the cattle up front to generate the ball we managed. BOD's 100th test so am backing the great man to mark it with a try.

Scotland to beat England by 4

Yeah, really. We'll play a limited game plan which will play into yer Sweaties hands and their Killers Bs in the back row will run our lumps ragged.

France to beat Italy by 25

Durr.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Back then after the week off. Hope to improve on 0/3 for me tips:

Ireland to beat Wales by 12

Ireland the clear pick of the home nations and Wales don't have the cattle up front to generate the ball we managed. BOD's 100th test so am backing the great man to mark it with a try.

Scotland to beat England by 4

Yeah, really. We'll play a limited game plan which will play into yer Sweaties hands and their Killers Bs in the back row will run our lumps ragged.
Fairly decent picks. A decent Scottish performance was in the air, but apparently they were still ****, only England were equally bad.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
1 Mathew Mitchell I'd Bangor with a Grand Slam 11 11 272
2 Liam Howgate Liam's Six Nations XV 10 7 264
3 Håkon Mørk Dynamo Morpork 6 12 242
4 Marcuss Deane Torpoint RFC 7 6 225
5 Dale Brumby A Good, Hard Ruck 6 9 224
6 Marc Robbins So long as we beat France 7 8 220
7 SC Somerset Somerset 5 5 199
8 Simon Fitzsimmons PSV Eindhoven 4 3 114

Solid midtable it is then.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thoroughly merited, tbf. Their backs aren't much cop, but yer Sweaties pack and halves are very decent. Parks is a limited out half, but a very, very solid one.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, he's so much less patchy than he was when he first emerged. I'd much rather lose to Scotland than England or Wales and it's good to see them playing so well after such a horrid start to the tourney, but I wanted that gosh darn Triple Crown.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah, he's so much less patchy than he was when he first emerged. I'd much rather lose to Scotland than England or Wales and it's good to see them playing so well after such a horrid start to the tourney, but I wanted that gosh darn Triple Crown.
Emerged out of Sydney Club Rugby ftr, Southern Districts IIRC