• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
twctopcat said:
Come on wales?????? Are you mad???? These sort of results calls for one form of action: switch off the rugby for a month and drink.
Yea I'm gonna ignore rugby til next year I think. Waste of time taking interest in the current bunch - the complete tit who gave away 2 of the penalties in the second half was smiling & joking after each one (had darkish blonde hair, I think it was Moody), that guy shouldn't be allowed near an England shirt for the foreseeable future. I also noted that Thompson kept up his usual high percentage of trying to throwing the ball away on line-outs. Anyway just as I thought England couldn't sink any lower than losing to Wales, they hand the most abysmal French team in years a win after being 11 points ahead.

Piper

International Captain
twctopcat said:
Come on wales?????? Are you mad???? These sort of results calls for one form of action: switch off the rugby for a month and drink.
Perhaps i am!!!
But England has no chance of winning it, so out of the other teams i want Wales to do it, from what ive seen they deserve it

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Yay! Go us! 17-6 at HT. :D

More a question of France being ar$e than us being great, I fear & we have shanked 4 penalties which I worry might haunt us, but we're looking the better team.
Prophetic words indeeds. How is that Lions team going to shape up if the English lads keep dropping games? Down to about 30-35% English players perhaps?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
Prophetic words indeeds. How is that Lions team going to shape up if the English lads keep dropping games? Down to about 30-35% English players perhaps?
On current form the only fit English players I'd have in The Lions team are Dallaglio (wherefore art thou Lawrence?), Corry, Ellis & (maybe) Lewsey. Even JR looking below par today.

At the end of the day it was goalkicking that cost us big style today; sure Moody gave away more pens than you'd like, but like all good 7s he operates on the edge of what's legal & sometimes steps over.

Starting to think even one test might be beyond The Lions now. :(

Blaze

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
Yea I'm gonna ignore rugby til next year I think. Waste of time taking interest in the current bunch - the complete tit who gave away 2 of the penalties in the second half was smiling & joking after each one (had darkish blonde hair, I think it was Moody), that guy shouldn't be allowed near an England shirt for the foreseeable future. I also noted that Thompson kept up his usual high percentage of trying to throwing the ball away on line-outs. Anyway just as I thought England couldn't sink any lower than losing to Wales, they hand the most abysmal French team in years a win after being 11 points ahead.

You are not a very good loser are you.. I thought you would be pretty decent at accepting a loss considering you get a fair bit of practice at it since your English.

Scaly piscine

Blaze said:
You are not a very good loser are you.. I thought you would be pretty decent at accepting a loss considering you get a fair bit of practice at it since your English.
Flame somewhere else imbecile.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Scaly piscine said:
And to think they won the world cup 18 months ago.. English rugby still has quite a few plastic fans to shake off by the looks of it...

Scaly piscine

Langeveldt said:
And to think they won the world cup 18 months ago.. English rugby still has quite a few plastic fans to shake off by the looks of it...
Why would I be a fan of a team with so many pillocks in it (playing 3 now meaningless games)? If I was South African then sure I'd be stuck with supporting **** like Smith, but I'm English and expect better than the clowns who helped France to victory. I also supported the World Cup winning side long before it won the World Cup, through the times it contrived to mess up seemingly countless Grand Slams.

twctopcat

International Regular
To be honest i played rugby for about 6 years from the age of 11 but have never followed the domestic game and only really watch international rugby if they're is nothing else on. When we won the WC i was happy but no more. It made me realise how much more cricket and footie mean to me because i didn't even get that emotional when we won the WC for god's sake!!! I would never say i got on the "We love English rugby" bandwagon post WC, my feelings have stayed the same.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Oh dear. Thompson is so sh*te at throwing it's unbelievable. If Robinson keeps him in the team against Ireland he's barking mad!! Corry was great, as we've come to expect; Josh Lewsey was solid all round; Olly Barkley was ok (bar the kicking :( ) and....um....Lewis Moody seemed to have fun attempting to charge down kicks- Jerry Guscott said he doesn't have much sense of self-preservation, which is so true!
Someone in The Times said that Jason Robinson was like an old French Christmas present: they've got bored with him & have worked out how he works. How true.

I hate to say it, but I think I may go to my roots & support Ireland for the Championship. England haven't got a chance!

Scaly piscine

Robinson's running is kinda weird, he seems to get up to fill speed then almost comes to a stand still when he gets in the same camera shot as some opposing players and starts cutting in and out without actually going forward.

Blaze

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
Flame somewhere else imbecile.

You are pathetic.. learn how to accept a loss and move on instead of making outragous extravegant statments saying you won't support your national side anymore.

I hate to think how you would have reacted to NZ's two most recent world cup efforts if you were a kiwi

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
I hope Wales go all the way
Careful now; a joke's a joke, but there's a line you don't cross! ;)

Mind you, after the first two rounds I feel obliged to point out that me mum's dad was Irish! Begorah, er, to be sure! :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Blaze said:
You are pathetic.. learn how to accept a loss and move on instead of making outragous extravegant statments saying you won't support your national side anymore.

I hate to think how you would have reacted to NZ's two most recent world cup efforts if you were a kiwi
Brilliant post... Shame you followed it up with a shocking Wales call :)