• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tim said:
Whats the deal with this guy Tait? Is he really good enough to play international rugby at the age of 18?.

I know Daniel Carter was highly rated at 18, but he's really only just started to realise his potential at 23.
In a word: no.

Henson made him look a bit silly. Literally! Can't blame Tait, he was talked up big by people who really should know better.

Attachments

Piper

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
In a word: no.

Henson made him look a bit silly. Literally! Can't blame Tait, he was talked up big by people who really should know better.
My mom thinks Henson is really cute :-O
I think this years is the most open ever... Ireland only just beat Italy, France the same with Scotland, and well england :wacko:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
5 Changes for England XV

The team for France:

1) G Rowntree (Leicester)
2) S Thompson (Northampton)
3) P Vickery (Gloucester)
4) D Grewcock (Bath)
5) B Kay (Leicester)
6) J Worsley (Wasps)
7) L Moody (Leicester)
8) M Corry (Leicester)
9) H Ellis (Leicester)

10) C Hodgson (Sale)
11) J Lewsey (Wasps)
12) O Barkley (Bath)
13) J Noon (Newcastle)
14) M Cueto (Sale)
15) J Robinson (Sale, capt)

Replacements: A Titterrell (Sale), A Sheridan (Sale), S Borthwick (Bath), A Hazell (Gloucester), M Dawson (Wasps), H Paul (Gloucester), B Cohen (Northampton).

Think Robbo has mostly made the correct calls there. His hand was forced in bringing in Vickery by Julian White's neck, Moody & Corry are two world-class loose forwards (harsh that Chris Jones misses out altogether tho, thought he was our best back-rower on the Saturday), Ellis looked far sharper than Daws when he came on, Barkley at inside-centre defintiely the call, but I don't think Noon really did much to suggest he's international-class last week; Ollie Smith again unlucky to miss out IMHO.

Good to see Henry Paul back in the 22 too.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Humph. Well, to paraphrase the great Paul Weller, the wine's gone flat & the pasta's gone cold: 19-7 to TheTaffs at the break.

A try at the death from Martin Williams. Scored by grounding the ball on the padding of the goalpost! You don't see that too often; last one I can recall was Phil De Glanville for us v The ABs in the '99 WC. We lost that day, so hoping that's an omen! :D

I see Gavin Hairgel has promoted himself; he's wearing gold boots now! Nice to see him drop the b0llock for the Italian try! Bitter, moi?! :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well fair play to The Taffs, they looked pretty useful second half. Six tries in all, their backs and loose forwards really looking ok.

I love a stat & the Beeb just trotted out a good 'un: that was Wales' first back-to-back wins in the 5/6 Nations for 11 years! Bummer is they won it that year! :tongue:

Piper

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Well fair play to The Taffs, they looked pretty useful second half. Six tries in all, their backs and loose forwards really looking ok.

I love a stat & the Beeb just trotted out a good 'un: that was Wales' first back-to-back wins in the 5/6 Nations for 11 years! Bummer is they won it that year! :tongue:
Yeh they probably will win it this year! They have really improved over the last few years and they perhaps deserve to win it too

Blaze

Banned
I can't get over the fact that Henry Paul is playing rugby union for England. He is a blatent kiwi. He has played rugby league for NZ, his brother still plays for NZ.

There is nothing English about him..besides one of his grandparents being English. I don't understand why, when he decided to pursue a rugby union career he wouldn't want to come home and play in his home country of NZ.

The only reason I can think of is money.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
The only reason I can think of is money.
That'd be the one!

I'm hoping Sonny Bill Williams has that crucial English grandparent too! :D

Actually the papers over here reckon Wigan Warriors are after him as a replacement for Andy Farrell if he goes to Union. Apparently he's outta contract with The Bulldogs at the end of the NRL season.

Blaze

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
That'd be the one!

Actually the papers over here reckon Wigan Warriors are after him as a replacement for Andy Farrell if he goes to Union. Apparently he's outta contract with The Bulldogs at the end of the NRL season.
Na he will be at the Bulldogs for at least another five years. He has already said that he loves the club and that is where his future is.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
That'd be the one!

South Sydney are also keen on him, Braith Anasta and Willie Mason. They've got a lot of cash to spend. Sonny Bill's agent is also making noises about a switch to union - once again, to push up his asking price.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yay! Go us! 17-6 at HT. :D

More a question of France being ar$e than us being great, I fear & we have shanked 4 penalties which I worry might haunt us, but we're looking the better team.

Piper

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Yay! Go us! 17-6 at HT. :D

More a question of France being ar$e than us being great, I fear & we have shanked 4 penalties which I worry might haunt us, but we're looking the better team.
OMGosh we lost by one point :crybaby:
We did look the better team, but no way we're gonna win now... Come on Wales

twctopcat

International Regular
Piper said:
OMGosh we lost by one point :crybaby:
We did look the better team, but no way we're gonna win now... Come on Wales
Come on wales?????? Are you mad???? These sort of results calls for one form of action: switch off the rugby for a month and drink.