• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A solid performance by us I thought. I don't think we were 34 points better, but we were certainly good value for the win. Our backs had a bad case of butterfingers in the first half, but the pack looked pretty decent the whole game thru. Wally even hit his jumper most of the time, which is certainly a pleasent change! Worringly for our future development, we looked far more composed when the old warhorses Dawson & Dallaglio came on. I expect Daws to start in Paris.

I thought Italy played well against The Micks, who looked rather ordinary. A rather bum call from the ref not to go to the video for Bowe's "try" was the turning point. If he had gone to the video ref he'd have seen that Bergamasco had clearly prevented the ball being grounded.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm at uni in Bangor, North Wales.....and oh how were the large Welsh contingent in the pub forced into silence :)

simmy

International Regular
BoyBrumby said:
A solid performance by us I thought. I don't think we were 34 points better, but we were certainly good value for the win. Our backs had a bad case of butterfingers in the first half, but the pack looked pretty decent the whole game thru. Wally even hit his jumper most of the time, which is certainly a pleasent change! Worringly for our future development, we looked far more composed when the old warhorses Dawson & Dallaglio came on. I expect Daws to start in Paris.

I thought Italy played well against The Micks, who looked rather ordinary. A rather bum call from the ref not to go to the video for Bowe's "try" was the turning point. If he had gone to the video ref he'd have seen that Bergamasco had clearly prevented the ball being grounded.
I don't know about Dawson so much as his try was a blatant illegality! Ellis looks a solid player.. good passer, hit the breaks, does more than his fair share of tacking forwards.

But yes... Dallaghio was an inspiration.. you could see how up for it.

As for future development... I dont really care.. the WC is one year away and we have to fully concentrate on keep the trophy.

simmy

International Regular
How many will France win by today then guys... I'm considering putting some money on them winning by more than 15 points... (Evens)?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
simmy said:
How many will France win by today then guys... I'm considering putting some money on them winning by more than 15 points... (Evens)?
Go for it. Yer Jocks seriously lack pace in their backs & their front five looks a bit lightweight too. I'd say about 30-10 to France. Scotland's best hope is that Michalak has one of his off-days.

Scaly piscine

Same old Scotland, get a golden opportunity near the line and bottle it...

Managed to take the easy try this second time tho. I bet simmy is pleased.

Scaly piscine

BoyBrumby said:
Go for it. Yer Jocks seriously lack pace in their backs & their front five looks a bit lightweight too. I'd say about 30-10 to France. Scotland's best hope is that Michalak has one of his off-days.
There's the 10 at least anyway...

simmy

International Regular
Brilliant.. thanks Brumby. HAHA

This is looking rather dodgy now..

At least if France lose then England will cruise the six nations!

simmy

International Regular
France favourites for the WC my backside.

This has been the most woeful display of rugby since... well Wales yesterday :D

Anna

International Vice-Captain
France have been shocking....so many mistakes....am watching BBC coverage online....as Andy Nichol said, Michalak doesn't look fit at all.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
simmy said:
Brilliant.. thanks Brumby. HAHA

This is looking rather dodgy now..

At least if France lose then England will cruise the six nations!
Yeah, sorry about that. The French have looked absolutely woeful! Jauzion is a big miss for them, but even so. They haven't been at the races at all. I think you knew they'd run short of ideas about five minutes from the break when Michalak decided to attempt a drop (rather poorly, as it happens).

Good to see Hugo Southwell (formerly of Sussex CC) playing so well. The latest in the long line of cricket/Rugby cross pollinations.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I mean he seems to be carrying an injury :p Anyway, tis Olly Barkley I'll have you know :D It seems like she's missing out on Dan Carter :D

Scaly piscine

Unusually professional killing of the clock there by Scotland, they usually knock-on in those pressure situations.

If England don't win the Six Nations something would have to go badly wrong.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to yer Sweaties! That's what the 6 Nations is all about! Great performance & I personally was stunned how they outmuscled France. I thought Scotland's best chance of decent amount of ball was their line-out (Scott Murray being one of the best jumpers around), but it was the one area of their play that was pretty ordinary!

& thank God for broadband! My (Scottish) girlfriend is on the phone to her dad as I type! :D