• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Indian Formula One Driver

biased indian

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Just what we need, another driver with more money than talent...
what we right now have in f1 is that there is one driver with a lot of talent
and a lot of others just to make up the numbers

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Still, at least Raikkonen, Button and Montoya have talent. Drivers who pay for their place don't deserve a place in the sport - I know it's unavoidable for Minardi and Jordan/Midland but it still annoys me immensely.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't go that far...

Webber, Button and Raikonnen are all extremely talented and if were put in even cars with Schumacher they would challenge dont you worry... Ferrari are so far ahead in technology its not funny... Schumacher is a great driver no question, however alot of his dominance can be put down to his car...

biased indian

International Coach
Blewy said:
I wouldn't go that far...

Webber, Button and Raikonnen are all extremely talented and if were put in even cars with Schumacher they would challenge dont you worry... Ferrari are so far ahead in technology its not funny... Schumacher is a great driver no question, however alot of his dominance can be put down to his car...
if u put any one along with Schumacher in the same car he will win 70% of the time
most of the time that he has lost is when his opp had a better car than him

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
Just what we need, another driver with more money than talent...
Think we could do with actually seeing the guy drive without making a possibly ill informed judgement Neil

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the main thing with the ferrari's is that they dont break, meaning they finish basically all the time, and with their pace and good drivers, pick up points all the time.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Langeveldt said:
Think we could do with actually seeing the guy drive without making a possibly ill informed judgement Neil
Seeing as the deal was considered doubtful today until he could prove he had the financial backing, I think Neil may have a point.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Fair enough.. Sad also to see Bahrain and China pick up Grand Prix spots, who have oh such a fine F1 heritage :)
im not bothered by that, because thats where the money is now for formula one, the sport would die if it were to stay primarily in europe, with a race in aus, asia and america....

however i agree with neil, its not good for the sport with drivers paying their way into teams, imo he will get 1 year and not be seen of again, a bit like Pantano really!

biased indian

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Fair enough.. Sad also to see Bahrain and China pick up Grand Prix spots, who have oh such a fine F1 heritage :)
its because of tobacco Advt being banned in Europe that more and more asian countries are getting F1 venues india is tipped to start hosting F1 from 2009 ithink most prbably it will be at Hyderbad

and we also have the most number of races in a season this time. i think there is 19 races this time around

Langeveldt

Soutie
biased indian said:
its because of tobacco Advt being banned in Europe that more and more asian countries are getting F1 venues india is tipped to start hosting F1 from 2009 ithink most prbably it will be at Hyderbad

and we also have the most number of races in a season this time. i think there is 19 races this time around
My point still stands..

V Reddy

International Debutant
Actually Biased Indian, that F1 thing in Hyderabad is off with the new govt thinking it is a waste of money .

Deja moo

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
They have the tracks, the money, the spectators. Whats the problem?
Heritage and tobacco sponsored F1 dont gel in the same sentence.

masterblaster

International Captain
India should fix up the mess they're in at the moment and control more important issues such as national wide poverty, corruption, pollution and incompetence amongst the Government and in government services.

The re-building of infrastructure and the massive overhaul of current political and social community standards and values is desperately needed. I've just been there, so I can see what needs to be fixed up.

F1 is just a pipe dream at this stage. After this guy I doubt if there will be another F1 driver coming out of India. It requires far too much money, and I think India as a country need to get their priorities sorted out.

Deja moo

International Captain
masterblaster said:
India should fix up the mess they're in at the moment and control more important issues such as national wide poverty, corruption, pollution and incompetence amongst the Government and in government services.

The re-building of infrastructure and the massive overhaul of current political and social community standards and values is desperately needed. I've just been there, so I can see what needs to be fixed up.

F1 is just a pipe dream at this stage. After this guy I doubt if there will be another F1 driver coming out of India. It requires far too much money, and I think India as a country need to get their priorities sorted out.

VishnuReddy said:
Actually Biased Indian, that F1 thing in Hyderabad is off with the new govt thinking it is a waste of money .