• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
If he did then it would be an absolute disgrace... How he got the QLD spot ahead of him is an outrage...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
If he did then it would be an absolute disgrace... How he got the QLD spot ahead of him is an outrage...
Let's look at it from the selctors point of view. Both Prince and Thurston are playing in the grand-final, so they have both led their teams well. Thurston was the Qld half and won the Dally M. Both are young up and coming players. I think they would lean towards Thurston, as long as Bennett doesn't play favourites with ex-Bronco Prince

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
Let's look at it from the selctors point of view. Both Prince and Thurston are playing in the grand-final, so they have both led their teams well. Thurston was the Qld half and won the Dally M. Both are young up and coming players. I think they would lean towards Thurston, as long as Bennett doesn't play favourites with ex-Bronco Prince
No way. Prince is more of a halfback than Thurston will ever be. Thurston is a five-eight. They can put the no. 7 on his back and try and make him play like a half back but he's a f-8 and a very good one. I was also bemused when Thurston got half back ahead of Prince.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good game, the Final Eliminator. Not sure Steds will see it like that, but Saints fought hard considering their injuries. Bradford just outlasted them in the end, nice cut-out pass from Harris to set up Hape for the killer try. Particularly harsh on Wilkin, runs in a hat-trick & ends up on losing team.

St Helens the first team to top the Super League & not make the Grand Final. Ouch.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
superkingdave said:
the ref was awful though
A few eccentric decisions, yes. Most of them seemed to go in Saints favour tho. The Bulls should've had a pen for Saints offloading after the tackle was called & another for interfering at the play the ball.

Think the force is with Bradford now, was that 11 wins on the bounce?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
thats kind of what i meant, i don't think it would have been as close if the ref was on the money - the penalty leading to the first saints try was a bit dodgy certainly. Bradford are in good form, but they didn't play that well today, a couple of their players looked either knackered or carrying knocks towards the end, but hopefully they'll win next week.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Good game, the Final Eliminator. Not sure Steds will see it like that
I do. Fine game. Great atmosphere. Best I can remember at a Saints game.

BoyBrumby said:
Particularly harsh on Wilkin, runs in a hat-trick & ends up on losing team.
It's about time he did something useful. Him and Hardman are the perfect examples of our shocking lack in depth. We lost this game 4 weeks ago when Terry Newton took out Sean Long and Darren Albert got injured in the same game. Scott Moore is quality, but he's 17 years old and far too inexperienced for today's game.

BoyBrumby said:
A few eccentric decisions, yes. Most of them seemed to go in Saints favour tho.
Now that I don't agree with.

BoyBrumby said:
The Bulls should've had a pen for Saints offloading after the tackle was called
They did. :huh: :sleep:

I'm particularly gutted with Keiron Cunningham's condition and performance. He's only 29 and he's already shot to pieces. Up to less than 5 years ago every journalist over here (don't know about in Australia) was heralding him as the best hooker in the world, but he's had 3/4 injury ridden seasons coming into this one and he's less than a third of the player he was 1997-2002. :down: :down:

ahhh well, Bradford outplayed us. Fair play to them....

.... :crybaby:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
steds said:
They did. :huh: :sleep:
I though ref called a "scrum" (as you rather amusingly still call them in League :p ), not a pen. Cost The Bulls about 20-30 yards they'd have gained thru a pen.

steds said:
I'm particularly gutted with Keiron Cunningham's condition and performance. He's only 29 and he's already shot to pieces. Up to less than 5 years ago every journalist over here (don't know about in Australia) was heralding him as the best hooker in the world, but he's had 3/4 injury ridden seasons coming into this one and he's less than a third of the player he was 1997-2002. :down: :down:

ahhh well, Bradford outplayed us. Fair play to them....

.... :crybaby:
Bet he starts for GB tho.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
I though ref called a "scrum" (as you rather amusingly still call them in League :p ), not a pen. Cost The Bulls about 20-30 yards they'd have gained thru a pen.
Doesn't really matter to me. The stupid ginger scouser still gave them possession

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like James will be thinking me for telling him to put $25 on Bradford winning the Grand Final. He'd better make me a mod because of this...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
And there it is. The Dulls may have won it over the Saints, but at least the Whinos didn't win it and I won "the boss" some money.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not a classic by any means, but The Bulls deserved it. Their front row was huge tonight, Fielden especially. Bradford looked like they wanted it that little bit more, Hape's snaffles on the floor epitomised it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm. Better get back to selecting northerners with a Irish granny sharpish! Think Pat Richards has expressed an interest too & what with him coming to Super League...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Hmm. Better get back to selecting northerners with a Irish granny sharpish!
Read the bottom paragraph of what I posted :p

Simon Finnigan
Widnes Vikings website said:
Originally born in Warrington, Finnigan grew up in Australia and was a player in the lower grades at Penrith Panthers before trying his luck at Widnes.
Tony Stewart - A St Helens reject.

Gareth Haggerty - Also St Helens born.

Stuart Littler - From Wigan

They'll also have big Barrie McDermott now that his losing the Grand Final is out of the way.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow. Big names (no offence to big Baz!). :D

Back in 2000 they had players like Martyn, Connolly & Ricketson turning out for them! Actually think Connolly's signed for one of the Mick Union provinces now. Munster, maybe?