• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NZ TAB now accepts $1 bets
If you save for a while you might be able to make a bet.

Man this game has started well, I like so many of the NZ players that its hard to not want them to do good but ultimately just lose.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Foran has been injured mate. He missed Manly's last two matches but should be fine to play for them next week.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The mighty black and whites of Hull busy tearing Huddersfield a new one in their play-off. 28-0 with a little over twenty left. :cool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Super League starts tonight.

Big game to start with as the Black & Whites, replete with new captain Gareth Ellis returning to blighty after four years down under, travel to Headingley to take on the champions.

Willie Manu (now with Stedly's Saints) will be a big miss for FC, but looks a stronger team for 2013. Be interesting to see how Daniel Holdsworth, ex of St George and latterly Canterbury, links with Seymour at half-back and Westerman at loose forward.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
The great Steve Prescott, St Helens, Hull, England and Ireland full back turned heroic fund raiser who raised thousands for the Christie Cancer Hospital in Manchester and the Rugby League Benevolent Fund, has finally lost his 7 year battle with a rare form of cancer. :(

steds

Hall of Fame Member
In other news, since I've dug up this thread, I feel like having a rant about the state of the game in this country. Because I'm bored. And because it's an utterly infuriating farce.

The RFL have made mistake after mistake after mistake for years now. They sold their soul to Sky, who have taken the it for granted and seem to think the sport owes them something, only putting in a derisive bid for the rights to show the world cup, by all accounts. They've struggled to market the game, with Super League lacking a major sponsor for over a year now. The Super League clubs are at loggerheads with the RFL over the format of Super League beyond this season. Over the last few years, Bradford, Crusaders and Salford have all gone bust, and other clubs are looking like heading that way as well - Wakefield are in severe financial difficulties and are on the edge of administration by all accounts, and London Broncos (who've been a lost cause for about 15 years now) struggle to get attendances of more than 2,000, haven't got a ground to play at next season and currently only have a squad of five players anyway! And on top of that, playing figures at the grass roots are well down. Sport England's active people survey estimates that that number of adults who participate in rugby league once a month fell from 131,900 in 2008/2009 to 76,800 in 2011/2012.

The people who run the sport have let it down on every level. The whole lot need lining up against a wall and shooting

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
But wait, there's more

To all Scotland Rugby League Customers please be advised that the RFL have withdrawn their funding from across the Celtic Nations therefore with effect as of 5pm today (Friday the 15th of November 2013) there are no staff working on or behalf of Scotland Rugby League until the Rugby League International Federation make a decision on any future funding for Scotland.
It's as if they don't want people to like Rugby League.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kiwis give the Roos a proper touch up then.

Meanwhile England the beneficiaries of a couple of, ahem, debateable calls in seeing off the gallant, etc Samoa. Some encouraging signs from the Smith/Widdop halves combo, but our set completion was shocking. First half especially.

the big bambino

International Captain
Didn't se the game but looks like we got well an trulied. More worried about Inglis from a Rabbitohs perspective. I heard he got injured but does anyone know how badly?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Oz/NZ game was on Premier Sport up here, so I'm waiting for the highlights on yer actual Beeb in half an hour or so.

Some Aussie fans were bitching that he went off feeling "dizzy" and was a softcock, so I'm guessing it's either not too bad or they're wankers and he's badly concussed.

the big bambino

International Captain
There was talk before the series he was feeling burnt out. I don't doubt he wants to represent but he's won a premiership and probably just wanted his season to end on that note.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Oz/NZ game was on Premier Sport up here, so I'm waiting for the highlights on yer actual Beeb in half an hour or so.

Some Aussie fans were bitching that he went off feeling "dizzy" and was a softcock, so I'm guessing it's either not too bad or they're wankers and he's badly concussed.
Guy is a great and there is no way he simply pulled the pin

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oz team is arguably the worst in decades and aside from a few payers, a motley collection of average NFL guys

Selectors were taking the piss and team got what they deserved