• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Heard about his story on the radio just now and it sounds like he led a pretty troubled life, losing his sister and becoming depressed. On has to feel for him.

RIP.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hey, the AFL & NRL aren't the only grand finals this weekend, you know. Our own Super League concludes with league's equivalent of an "old firm" clash as Wigan take on stedly's own St Helens.

I'm rooting for Saints. Be nice to see Cunningham sign off with another pennant and still harbour residual resentment towards Wigan for winning everything late 80s-mid 90s.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
16-6 to the bad guys at HT. Something of a recovery for Saints tho as they were 16-0 down after 20.

Pat Richards off for Wigan; looked like a hammy so he won't be back.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
22-10 to Wigan then. Thomas Leuluai just described it on live telly as "****ing awesome". :laugh: D'oh.

Hardlines to Saints, but better team won.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Listened on the radio and the Saints commentator sounded like he'd been knifed in the heart throughout the second half. They sounded almost comically poor in the first.

Craig

World Traveller
22-10 to Wigan then. Thomas Leuluai just described it on live telly as "****ing awesome". :laugh: D'oh.

Hardlines to Saints, but better team won.
When Wests Tigers won the 2005 Grand Final, Chris Heighington dropped the 'F' bomb a few times when he was interviewed after the game. Matt Johns had the 'settle down mate' look on his face.

howardj

International Coach
Not much point to this one-off Test if it's not being played on Anzac Day IMO

And that's coming from somebody who enjoys his Test footy.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
10-6 Aussies at half time. Benji marshall keeping nz in the game. SKD in trying to sabotage his team.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of a jinx there, really. NZ went to poo soon after I posted that.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The aussies are up so quickly in defence around the ruck that most of the time we only made 1 metre on a hit up. With some good passing sometimes we avoided the first rusher and we made a solid 5 metres. The defence is up so quickly they have to be offside surely. Sourgrapes.jpeg

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The game was pretty ordinary with a fair few mistakes. I do however enjoy that NZ are competitive in these matches now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hybrid League/Union Anzac test

From Fox Sports.

Thoughts? If I was league I'd want to be ring-fencing the differences between the two codes just now rather than jumping into bed with union. Wouldn't want to see league die out as a separate sport.

However I am faintly intrigued as to know which rules from which code would survive.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From Fox Sports.

Thoughts? If I was league I'd want to be ring-fencing the differences between the two codes just now rather than jumping into bed with union. Wouldn't want to see league die out as a separate sport.

However I am faintly intrigued as to know which rules from which code would survive.
For a hybrid code to survive you'd have to take the most exciting aspects of each code and incorporate those into the new code. Which means it would basically be rugby league anyway.