• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

Craig

World Traveller
Matt Orford joins Bradford, and Dallas Johnson has recently gone to France. So Mr Gallop, what are you going to do to stop the player drain? Oh that's right, nothing. Time for you to resign IMO. FTR I don't blame Orford or Johnson for taking the money, and the lifestyle (in Johnson's case moreso then Orford's).

Sometimes I wonder how Melbourne haven't been pinged for salaray cap breaches (ie big ones). Mind you the Storm CEO used to be the CEO for St Kilda, so he probably knows the tricks of the trade.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hahahaha Orford and Johnson gone. Gotta lol. Soon it'll be 47yo Darren Lockyer and a team of 16yo's playing for QLD in Origin. They'd still win.

Craig

World Traveller
Matt Orford joins Bradford, and Dallas Johnson has recently gone to France. So Mr Gallop, what are you going to do to stop the player drain? Oh that's right, nothing. Time for you to resign IMO. FTR I don't blame Orford or Johnson for taking the money, and the lifestyle (in Johnson's case moreso then Orford's).

Sometimes I wonder how Melbourne haven't been pinged for salaray cap breaches (ie big ones). Mind you the Storm CEO used to be the CEO for St Kilda, so he probably knows the tricks of the trade.
Interesting in that with Bradford signing Orford and Chris Walker from the Titans, Orford takes their visa players to six (they are allowed five), a massive legal battle is set to erupt as Bradford have told Walker he is not wanted next year, despite the fact that Walker had signed the contract in August (before Orford signed up), had a visa sponsorship number, and was set to go. Walker and his agent have already got the players union onside, and have spoken with lawyer's in England who believe they have a good case. So they are going to fight to have Bradford respect Walker's contract and not let the RLF register Orford's contract, or force Bradford to pay Walker out. It's not known yet whether or not Bradford have registered Walker's signed contract with the RLF when they were in talks with Orford intrying to hedge their bets, in that if they couldn't get Walker (no visa), then they would have Orford, and vise versa.

Sorry, but I don't see how Bradford can get out of this.

Craig

World Traveller
Greg Bird signs with the Titans. I don't know why, we have plenty of his type and his GF on the Coast already.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Newcastle might not get much out of Danny Wicks next year.

Facing Newcastle Local Court this arvo on drug supply charges.

Off season follies have started early this year.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would certainly explain a lot if hes been hiding it under his shirt for the past 5 years.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Kiwis Vs Kangaroos Test

Apparently we virtually never win this particular test match. The Aussies are just too good. I am putting my money where my heart is though and putting $5 on the Kiwis.

Starts at 10pm tonight NZ time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Gareth Raynor jailed

From the BBC.

Ex Hull & GB wing sent down for punting moody ink cartidges on Ebay, of all things. Bizzarro. Almost preferred it when he was clocking bouncers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dear Australia.

Who the **** is Gareth Widdop?

Thanks
Haha I like the look of him but it's a really strange pick. Hopefully it means someone's been out here watching him play lower grades but I doubt it somehow.

This is what he did in the Under 20s competition in 2008 and 2009:
Player Season Breakdown - Stats Provided by NRLSTATS

He's only played a couple of first grade games; he's spending this year playing in the NSW Cup which is essentially reserve grade.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think there's an element of branding him as a Pom about the selection, tbh. Qualifies for Oz on residence, so we're marking our territory in case he's the real deal.

Although given the infinite flexibility of league's qualfication eligibility I dunno why we're bothering, really. :ph34r:

ripper868

International Coach
Craigos gets something right...everybody head home and be with your loved ones, the world ends tonight.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rugby League player amongst Cumbrian slain

Jesus. One of the victims of the Cumbrian massacre was Garry Purdham who played for Workington Town and was the elder brother of Rob, Harlequins captain and England international.