• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
no, and neither has anyone else. Although there are rumours floating around about it having summat to do with Bradford, many of them pointing at Easter monday's glorious win over them, but nobody knows anything for sure what it is or if it is even about that at all
I heard something about an incident at the HJ with a PR rep

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is hard to keep track of all these Rugby League threads, guess it goes to show the popularity or League over any other code, which has only 1 thread at best.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
It is hard to keep track of all these Rugby League threads, guess it goes to show the popularity or League over any other code, which has only 1 thread at best.
Yawnion has 2, but they dont generally see much action

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Speculation that Warrington didnt designate a press room and Millward refused to hold a press conference in a certain room after the win earlier in the year. Millward then took the press onto the pitch to give them his views and gave some PR rep a few choice words and Warrington complained. That said there's also rumours that its a catalogue of incidents

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Speculation that Warrington didnt designate a press room and Millward refused to hold a press conference in a certain room after the win earlier in the year. Millward then took the press onto the pitch to give them his views and gave some PR rep a few choice words and Warrington complained.
I find it hard to believe that as the match at the HJ was 8th March, so why didn't Warrington complain earlier?

Blaze

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
Er, 4, I think you'll find! :nono: ;)

Admittedly I'm pretty much talking to myself in 2 of them tho..... 8-)

HEY! I talk union whenever there is a new post from some one else in the thread

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
That said there's also rumours that its a catalogue of incidents
I've heard those, too. These are supposed to include
  • Swearing at a Warrington media officer after being heckled while attending a post-match press conference in the grandstand because the club did not have adequate facilities.

• Angrily ordering Wigan winger Brian Carney out of a closed training session the Great Britain international had attended with broadcaster Sky TV.

• Being captured swearing on television during a recent match.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
there's also talk of an Aussie player threatening to walk out if Millward gets sacked. Now who would walk out an their club?... 8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Do you reckon some of Millward's er, issues may be alcohol related? He has the complexion of a man who enjoys an ale or seven...

Is he know to frequent local hostelries?! ;)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Do you reckon some of Millward's er, issues may be alcohol related? He has the complexion of a man who enjoys an ale or seven...

Is he know to frequent local hostelries?! ;)
I think the Bird In th'and has a reputation for Saints personnel popping in every now and then. Jonny Vegas goes there, too

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Millwards solicitor comfirms his crime is swearing
:-O God no! Can't have people going around swearing! 8-)

Meanwhile, I spent about last night in the sit-down protest after Saints-York singing such brilliant songs as:

Ian Millwards barmy army

We want our Millward back/we want Macguire out

Sack the board

and my personal favourite He only said F*ck Off

got some rather crap pictures on my phone of it

Attachments

steds

Hall of Fame Member
some more

The last one is the fans mascot, a 3 foot tall inflatable rubber spiderman wearing a Saints shirt, who yesterday had a picture of Ian Millwards face glued on top of his. Unforetunately, the fella who was dancing with it wouldn't stop for my picture.

Attachments