• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Ashley Klown find top form straight away last night. Worst refereeing I've ever seen.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Btw, not happy with that weekend in Cardiff malarchy ****ing up the fixtures. Saints lose a home game so we can play Wigan there, whilst Hull gain an extra derby against KR, meaning they play Hull KR 4 times and Wakefield 3. Fixtures basically handing Hull 1st place on a plate there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Btw, not happy with that weekend in Cardiff malarchy ****ing up the fixtures. Saints lose a home game so we can play Wigan there, whilst Hull gain an extra derby against KR, meaning they play Hull KR 4 times and Wakefield 3. Fixtures basically handing Hull 1st place on a plate there.
Lumbering you with tricky home games against Quins is clearly unfair, IMHO. :p

Craig

World Traveller
Good to see Ashley Klown find top form straight away last night. Worst refereeing I've ever seen.
Why doesn't that surprise me?

IMO he would be Premier League/fringe NRL first grade if the ESL decided to send him back to where he came from.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why doesn't that surprise me?

IMO he would be Premier League/fringe NRL first grade if the ESL decided to send him back to where he came from.
hes worse than Russell Smith and thats saying something...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Joey for NZ?

From the Beeb's site.

First 20/20, now the Kiwis! According to the report he's been asked to turn out for NZ on their tour this autumn to commemorate Dally Messenger turning out as a guest for NZ on the inaugural 1907 tour.

Admirable sentiments & all, but should a player with (as far as I know) no connection to New Zealand be allowed to turn out for then in official tests?

A lesser man might've made a joke about Kiwi poaching too, but not me... :whistling ;)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Admirable sentiments & all, but should a player with (as far as I know) no connection to New Zealand be allowed to turn out for then in official tests?
He isn't playing in the Tests. He will be playing in the All Golds vs. Northern Union game, and possibly some other games (not sure of what other ones are scheduled), but not in the Test series.

And I was thinking about linking this, but it was broke in the Rugby League press over here before Johns signed for Warrington. Hardly "news".

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He isn't playing in the Tests. He will be playing in the All Golds vs. Northern Union game, and possibly some other games (not sure of what other ones are scheduled), but not in the Test series.

And I was thinking about linking this, but it was broke in the Rugby League press over here before Johns signed for Warrington. Hardly "news".
Jeez, sorry, your northern highness. :p

Why're the Beeb reporting it now then? Just to make southern dilettante League fans look like arseholes?!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Why're the Beeb reporting it now then? Just to make southern dilettante League fans look like arseholes?!
I have no idea about either why the Beeb have only just caught hold of something I read in Rugby League World in August/September 05, nor what "dilettante" means :p

Simon

haha yeh its been news for 18 months or so, i was actually thinking about it the other day, i'd just presumed it had been forgotten about its been that long since anyone mentioned it...

Craig

World Traveller
Sean Long has said he would like to play in the NRL if the offer came, and has admitted Cronulla could be a potential home.

This is probably old news, but do you think he will and would Steds miss him?

Simon

this story has come out about three times a year for the past decade, no NRL club would risk it, he was heavily (even more so than normal) linked to Souths about three seasons ago but they werent prepared to throw a huge ammount of cash at a guy who is very much hit or miss...