• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

Craig

World Traveller
Steds is going to love this:

Watching the news today and they interviewed new Titans recruit Richie Mathers and his Yorks**** accent is so bad they had they use the captions thing so people could understand what he was saying.

Lol :laugh:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like Cronulla having a bit of a sense of humour failure about it tho. Making him sit out 2007 if that's to be believed. If they are holding him to his contract will he still be part of their salary cap?
I'd guess so. Not much justice if he isn't.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sounds like Cronulla having a bit of a sense of humour failure about it tho. Making him sit out 2007 if that's to be believed. If they are holding him to his contract will he still be part of their salary cap?
Yeah, but it's not like they could sign anyone else at this stage so it won't matter a great deal.

He also won't be getting paid in full... every week he will receive fines for "not showing up got training" and "not being available for selection" so it won't cost them that much at all, if anything.

Craig

World Traveller
Hahaha really?
Yeah.

According to Matt Gidley he reckons Andrew Johns will return to the ESL as Johns can't stop talking about his time with Warrington (probably how much he made in the strength of the British Pound) and come back to England in 2008.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
According to Matt Gidley he reckons Andrew Johns will return to the ESL as Johns can't stop talking about his time with Warrington (probably how much he made in the strength of the British Pound) and come back to England in 2008.
Yeah. Read that a few days back.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Albert could be staying in Australia now, apparently in a deal that would see him go to the Titans Steve Turner could end up as Albert's replacement at the Sharks. Would make sense in that Turner wouldnt be forced to go to GC but a bit strange considering how desperate he is supposed to be to stay in Melbourne.

Craig

World Traveller
It's all over.

Steve Turner stays with Melbourne with the Titans to get compensation plus Smith Samau and Daniel Isaac in return. Mat Rogers will join the team a year earlier as expected. The Titans had originally wanted PBC (Palm Beach-Currumbin) High second rower Kevin Procter (who is in the Australian school boys team) and but Melbourne had said 'no way', but obviously they have an agreement now.

Procter is highly rated to be a star player in the future and will play first grade for Melbourne acccording to Peter O'Sullivan. And if anybody is wondering, PBC is one of the top rugby league schools in Queensland (a number of current first graders for the Broncos and other clubs) and probably in the whole of Australia. Put it this way, rugby league is a subject there.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
McRae for Lions?

From today's Guardian. The article's mainly about Noble actually, but with the RFL's intent to make the Lions gig full-time again (not really sure about it myself given how poorly Waite did) & Bomber resigning from The Bunnies seemingly conveniently timed...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Carney has retired, bit of a shock decision that one

Yeah, it's been mentioned in the NRL thread. He's told the Gold Coast to hold onto his registration so he can't play for anyone else too, which makes me think he's perhaps not 100% on it yet.

I always assumed he'd have a crack at Union at some point too. Ireland do lack a bit of searing gas in their backs, so he could def do a job for them.

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah, it's been mentioned in the NRL thread. He's told the Gold Coast to hold onto his registration so he can't play for anyone else too, which makes me think he's perhaps not 100% on it yet.

I always assumed he'd have a crack at Union at some point too. Ireland do lack a bit of searing gas in their backs, so he could def do a job for them.
He's also done the unusual step in telling Titans Managing Director Michael Searle to keep all the owed pay cheques (about two months worth), he laos turned up with 30kg of excess luggage, so it wasn't as though he wasn't prepared to give it his best shot.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
From today's Guardian. The article's mainly about Noble actually, but with the RFL's intent to make the Lions gig full-time again (not really sure about it myself given how poorly Waite did) & Bomber resigning from The Bunnies seemingly conveniently timed...
Well, they've finally got rid of Noble, thank ****.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. No NRL. They chucked it and that Setanta Sports thing will pick up the coverage, IIRC. Hate Sky.