• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Considering New Zealand's depth in union and lack of it in league, how come we don't see many New Zealandish union to league conversions?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
New Zealand Maori's would be quite strong I would feel, not too sure how good the Aboriginals would go.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, unfortunately. An overrated aussie on an Irish passport will find another team to keep another possible future GB international on the sidelines. Meanwhile, looks like Wigan will have penalties for breaching salary cap in the 2006 and 2007 seasons atleast. Hope they get harsh on repeat offenders.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Strange goings on at the Grattan.

Bleeding money. They're flogging guys the guys who've won them 3 Superleagues out of the last 6: Fielden, both Pryce brothers, Radford, Ferres, Johnson, Withers, Peacock, etc. and replacing them with lightweights like Evans, Feather and St Hilaire, selling their stadiums naming rights for about half a million pounds a year and probably still losing money. Going the Leeds United way, imo.

Craig

World Traveller
Read in the paper the other day that the Wigan supermo Maurice Lindsay described Trent Barrett as the next Wally Lewis then rather Brett Kenny who won them the title sometime in the 80s.

I never saw Wally Lewis play live as such, but from what I can gather the nearest player to King Wally is Darren Lockyer and frankly Lockyer > Barrett by a fair distance.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Let's be fair, uncle Mo is an idiot. He's tried his hardest for over 20 years to ruin Wigan. I wouldn't take anything he said seriously. Let's leave it at "Barrett's a very good signing"

Craig

World Traveller
Looks like Brent Tate could very well be off to union in 2008 and Lote Tuqiri has rejected a $1m a year contract (it is for four years), with the Gold Coast, Melbourne, Brisbane, Souths, Roosters, and Cronulla all said to be interested.

He has said he would like to play centre if he goes back to league. I have a feeling if he comes back it will be back to Brisbane.

Mister Wright

I'm going to see Broncos play Celtic Crusaders @ Bridgend on Thursday, February 15 if anyone is interested in going? Let me know.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Was considering it, but it's a bit far for a Thursday evening. What are you in Wales for?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
You're not going to the game against some rubbish welshmen and missing the main event in Bolton are you?

Mister Wright

steds said:
You're not going to the game against some rubbish welshmen and missing the main event in Bolton are you?
Yeah. :( My girlfriend & I have organised a 9 day tour of Egypt and the nile which unfortunately covers the game on the 23rd, hence the reason for going to the Welsh game.