• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was just thinking that Craig, I mean this Cunningham chap was pretty good but Danny Buderus was and is better.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lockyer golden boot winner, he was always gonna win it but its amazing how hes all of a sudden pretty much undisputed best player in the world now. six months ago people like peter sterling were saying hes not even in the top five now just cause he was in a bit of a form slump, some people in this game have short memories. Locky isnt the type of player that will dominate for 80 minutes a game but he will get his team home when he has to.
What a champion player, well deserved award for the 2nd time...

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
Lockyer golden boot winner, he was always gonna win it but its amazing how hes all of a sudden pretty much undisputed best player in the world now. six months ago people like peter sterling were saying hes not even in the top five now just cause he was in a bit of a form slump, some people in this game have short memories. Locky isnt the type of player that will dominate for 80 minutes a game but he will get his team home when he has to.
What a champion player, well deserved award for the 2nd time...
Hopefully he can lead the 'Roos to a Tri-Nations victory, which will give him a club, state and national trophies in the one year. Shame he didn't win the Dally (Daly?) M medal because then he could be in line for just about every award (team wise and personal) in the one year.

Perm

Good to see Lockyer gets the Golden Boot, here's hoping he breaks his leg and can't play in the final.

Craig

World Traveller
Surely from now all internationals must be played in Brisbane as clearly Sydney doesn't care about international rugby league, even then some of the crowds in the NRL were poor.

Craig

World Traveller
Golden point.

EDIT: Is it me or does Willie Mason's mo' remind anyone of Mark 'Chopper' Read?

Craig

World Traveller
Australia wins after 87minutes.

A great performance and New Zealand can never say they didn't give it their best shot with some of the defending of their lives, but in the end some fatique caught out New Zealand.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
All I can say is thank you for this game.

This is the 1st game of League shown in South Africa since Ive been living here and Id just started to get into and enjoying Union.

After 3 years of watching Union, this game reminded me why I am a League man.

Being divorced from the game for so long made me forget the intensity, athleticism and speed.

Comparing League to Union is like comparing ****ing your wife to watching her do the ironing.

Great to have a refresher lesson on why this is such a great sport.
Congrats to the Aussies

Mister Wright

Goughy said:
All I can say is thank you for this game.

This is the 1st game of League shown in South Africa since Ive been living here and Id just started to get into and enjoying Union.

After 3 years of watching Union, this game reminded me why I am a League man.

Being divorced from the game for so long made me forget the intensity, athleticism and speed.

Comparing League to Union is like comparing ****ing your wife to watching her do the ironing.

Great to have a refresher lesson on why this is such a great sport.
Congrats to the Aussies
I prefer to watch league and union at the same time, if you know what I mean...:naughty:

Perm

Poor bastards. I felt like crying last night after watching them try so hard to do the unthinkable for NZ Rugby League and in the end that man, that special man I hated so much for a few minutes has to win Australia the game. Friggin typical, and now that Ruben Wiki has retired from International League it just makes the whole thing even more sad, Bluey summewd it up well when he said that it felt like losing a brother.

Perm

Just heard on the news that Stacey Jones and Nigel Vagana are also retiring from International Rugby League, it's a sad day for Kiwi fans.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be very surprised if Vangana, Wiki and Jones aren't lining up for Kiwis in the next Tri-Nations or World Cup. Whatever they are having next season. The SOS we go out to them when Sonny Bill Williams and Benji Marshall get ruled out again, due to injury.

Also International Rugby League is back and could take over State Of Orgin in five years, if QLD dominant it like they should, with the players they have, or the lack of quailty players NSW has. The last two years have started something special in Rugby League. Australia/NZ games will never be the same in Rugby League.

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
I'll be very surprised if Vangana, Wiki and Jones aren't lining up for Kiwis in the next Tri-Nations or World Cup.
Considering the next tri-nations is 3 years off, and it'll be 4 nations, I'll have to disagree with you there. :p

You make a point though. Can definitely see Wiki and especially Jones on the All Golds tour next year. Do they even have another 7? (Apart from Leuluai, who I'm sure all you kiwi fans will be thrilled to find out he's filling Wigan's signed for lots of money from one of the smaller teams only to flop quota next year.)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Considering the next tri-nations is 3 years off, and it'll be 4 nations, I'll have to disagree with you there. :p

You make a point though. Can definitely see Wiki and especially Jones on the All Golds tour next year. Do they even have another 7? (Apart from Leuluai, who I'm sure all you kiwi fans will be thrilled to find out he's filling Wigan's signed for lots of money from one of the smaller teams only to flop quota next year.)
I think you'll find Micheal Witt has a Kiwi grandma ;), i think Grant Rovelli might be eligable for then by next season as resident.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Only just saw this (Im sure many have known about it for a long time)

Will this game, due to take place during the 08 WC as a celebration game, be competetive? Who will be favourites?

Australian Aborigines versus New Zealand Māori