• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

steds

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Carroll played for NZ in the 2000 World Cup, of which none of the matches were actually classed as Tests (you probably already knew that).
Pretty sure one of the last two World Cups was given Test status.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
:D Didn't think he was going to give it for a minute.
He shouldn't have though. He lost control, only reason he scored was because the Aussie arm kept it there.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
steds said:
What? That's bollocks.
Meh, I know I'm right. Too subtle a decision for a video ref to get right though. Deserved victory for Great Britain, been the better side by a mile all night. Hopefully Ricky Stuart wakes up to himself after this loss.

Craig

World Traveller
GB 23 - 12.

Fair play to them, they did everything they had to do, didn't rush up on Lockyer (which has to be the cardinal sin of rugby league) and Morley's tackle on Lockyer on the 76th minute was a classic hit.

Sean Long had a good game and I was impressed with Gilmour and Yeaman looks the goods. If there is one critism of Ashley Klein is that early on he blows his whistle so many times for penalties and it does disrupt the flow of the game. I think Mason will have serious case for elbowing Long in the head. It wouldn't be surprising if he gets a week for that.

Good support for GB though. Expect that from the British (and Irish) though.

Last edited:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I almost would have sent off Mason if it hadn't have been in the first 10 minutes of a Test. And I agree about Klein, most annoying ref since Russell Smith. Coincedence? I think not.

Craig

World Traveller
burkey_1988 said:
I almost would have sent off Mason if it hadn't have been in the first 10 minutes of a Test. And I agree about Klein, most annoying ref since Russell Smith. Coincedence? I think not.
One is English and the other is Australian? :p

I don't know if it is me but Klein always seem to favour the away team with his calls.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
If there is one critism of Ashley Klein is that early on he blows his whistle so many times for penalties and it does disrupt the flow of the game.
And the fact he can't keep 10.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great Britain played better on the day really, and Australia are probably got what they deserved for playing some of the guys that shouldn't be there, Lyon and Hornby. Was quite annoying how whistle happy Ashley Klein was, Mason should get a week for that hit on Long.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Perm said:
Australia are probably got what they deserved for playing some of the guys that shouldn't be there, Lyon and Hornby.
Lyon and Hornby played no worse than any of the other Australian players out there. There was only really Lockyer turned up, and he wasn't close to his best.