• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
went to watch Salford - St Helens tonight, St Helens were lucky that Salford didn't have mch of a clue going forward. Lyon was anonymous.

First Helens try looked dodgy aswell, but the knock on decision before the second salford try looked wrong aswell.
Lyon didn't see enough of the ball. Infact, I can't remember anyone passing to him. Defended decently, though.

Salford have been excellent this season. Deserved to win that game, really. Put in a huge effort.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
Lyon didn't see enough of the ball. Infact, I can't remember anyone passing to him. Defended decently, though.

Salford have been excellent this season. Deserved to win that game, really. Put in a huge effort.
maybe my comments were a bit harsh about Salford not having a clue going forward, but if they had someone to do something a bit special last night they would have won. They'll certainly defeat the lesser teams pretty comfortably all season if they play like that

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
I am guessing NZ... I thought he was the good one?
Robbie was the one who won the most NZ caps, scored a hat trick in a cup final and won the Lance Todd trophy. Read into that what you will.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
27-26. What a score! :D

8 wins on the bounce. Peter Sharp is a beautiful genius.

Sickener about Yeaman tho. Ankle ligaments.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Fielden to Wigan.

Let me take you back 10 days to when Radlinski came out of retirement.
bbc said:
Lindsay, meanwhile, revealed Radlinski would play for Wigan for free.

He said: "He didn't even mention money - he just wants to help out the club that he loves. Our salary cap is full anyway."
Hmmmm...I have a conspiracy theory forming in my head.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm. Interesting to say the least. Stewie certainly not coy about his reasons either:

"A new challenge and a much bigger salary made the decision easy for me."

Would've liked him to have a go in NRL & prove he's the best out there if only to silence to SL=plop talk from the Aussies.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Newton next if you believe the rumours.
In exchange for Higham and Balsawood, I heard. :laugh:

Bradford biting of the hand of anyone who offers them a bob or two
Gathering a real debt, apparently. Losing half a mil a year.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
its that rubbish tip of theirs causing the problems isn't it?

what's it called these days? The Grattan stadium or something

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
One thing I hate about the ESL [watching it now] is that the players keep the same number for the whole season. It's not like I can't tell what position they're playing anyway, I just find it annoying for some reason.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
One thing I hate about the ESL [watching it now] is that the players keep the same number for the whole season. It's not like I can't tell what position they're playing anyway, I just find it annoying for some reason.
You see, that's a thing I find irritating about NRL. The Fact that they neither have a squad number and keep it throughout the season, nor wear 1 to 13 straight, with the subs being 14 to 17.