• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League - International

Blaze

Banned
burkey_1988 said:
My theory on the Tigers is that they are a very good team, but Prince and Marshall are what made them premiers. It's a case of some pretty good players playing around a freak and a very good organiser. The only other player capable of acts of brilliance are Hodgson, while the other top teams have quite a few players in different positions who can do this.

But that's just my opinion and I'm sure you won't agree Blaze :)

No, I actually totally agree with you. I just don't get what you mean when you say that it was nowhere near the Tigers best team.

Blewy - You guys need Marshall back if you are going to go back to back, without him Prince is under too much pressure as the only MAIN playmaker in the side. Obviously Farah and Hodgson create tries from time to time but Marshall puts that much more doubt in the oppositions defensive line.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't wait for the Dragons v Tigers season opener. Hopefully we get Heady back and I think that will mean we are full strength. It'll also be interesting to see how the team goes without Thommo, a big loss in my opinion. An underrated player who was always prepared to do the hard yards.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Gansen is an idiot, I can;t believe he gets picked to ref these games over the over guy from the UK who did some games in the NRL last season.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Gansen is an idiot, I can;t believe he gets picked to ref these games over the over guy from the UK who did some games in the NRL last season.
Russell Smith? I thought he was pretty terrible. He doesn't even know the correct interpretation of the obstruction/shepherd rule, which coincedentally cost us a game against the Panthers last season.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
I've always wondered how big of a deal the World Club Challenge is in England?

It's not very popular here in Australia, probably due to time of year, the fact Aussie teams usually lose, and the team's sent are never 100%.
It's the biggest thing in the world when we win. If we lose, we don't talk about it...still taken more seriously than Aussies take it, mind. Cost Ellery Hanley his job as Saints coach when he couldn't be arsed fielding a proper side.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
I will.

How long has it been since a team went from premiers to wooden spooners?
Ill take that if your offering me a bet....

Melbourne are hot favourites for the spoon for sure...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Natman20 said:
I predict Warriors 6th This year. Winners to be the Knights
Big call, seeing as all their hopes rest upon Johns. If he gets injured at the wrong time, they're gone.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
Ill take that if your offering me a bet....

Melbourne are hot favourites for the spoon for sure...
Maybe not the spoon, but I'll offer you a bet on the Tigers not making the 8.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
burkey_1988 said:
Big call, seeing as all their hopes rest upon Johns. If he gets injured at the wrong time, they're gone.
There is no right time for joey to get injured as far as the Knights are concerned...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Just want to point out that Wigan are chokers :laugh: and that Castleford are relegated already. With the exceptions of Kain and Sculthorpe, they were all too busy ****ting themselves to play today.
Maybe the Aussies here can clarify this, does Nutley always just run randomly around trying to take as many people's heads off as possible, or does he play sometimes?

...I've really got to stop rambling on about stuff no one cares about.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
went to watch Salford - St Helens tonight, St Helens were lucky that Salford didn't have mch of a clue going forward. Lyon was anonymous.

First Helens try looked dodgy aswell, but the knock on decision before the second salford try looked wrong aswell.

Blaze

Banned
The most annoying thing about the Super League is that there is such a huge gap between the rich and the poor. Bradford v Leeds over Easter was probably the best match I have seen this year in either this or the NRL though...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
The most annoying thing about the Super League is that there is such a huge gap between the rich and the poor. Bradford v Leeds over Easter was probably the best match I have seen this year in either this or the NRL though...
It is closing up I think, thanks mainly to the salary cap. Just ask Wigan...

It the bad old days Wigan basically bankrupted themselves to buy success. IIRC Central Park is now a Tesco, sold off to pay the debts.