• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula One discussion thread...

Hoggy31

International Captain
This is a thread for Formula One fans such as myself to discuss F1.

Well i'll start off by asking who does everybody think will the title this year?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hoggy31 said:
This is a thread for Formula One fans such as myself to discuss F1.

Well i'll start off by asking who does everybody think will the title this year?
I think schuey might have another one in the bag, dont you think? although i must admit my F1 knowledge is limited but i do enjoy the sport.... would like to see some new rules tried to make things more even.... i think they are trying to do that this season arent they?

twctopcat

International Regular
I think that german bloke will win but i hope jense or kimi does. The new mclaren looks awesome. It's going to be about tyres all over again this year though, just hope michelin can come up with the goods.

twctopcat

International Regular
benchmark00 said:
I think schuey might have another one in the bag, dont you think? although i must admit my F1 knowledge is limited but i do enjoy the sport.... would like to see some new rules tried to make things more even.... i think they are trying to do that this season arent they?
An abundance of new rules to say the least. Many aerodynamic modifications, one set of tyres to last the whole weekend, and engines to last two weekends to name but a few.

Hoggy31

International Captain
My bet for the title would have to be m schumacher, but i wouldnt be surprised if the two mclaren drivers won. Would love to see Mark Webber win a few races but.

Hoggy31

International Captain
If Kimi had the used the new car all of last year, he might've given shuey and little bit of a run.

twctopcat

International Regular
It will be his 8th. The only team that can beat ferrari are mclaren, there the only team with the same size of operation (excluding toyota). Mclaren will have made a good car no doubt but whether it is reliable and michelin are good will be the deciding factors.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
There's been a change in rear wing rules so there's less downforce = less grip = more overtaking - in theory.

Not holding out much hope mind, still, Schumacher to win again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

biased indian

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
There's been a change in rear wing rules so there's less downforce = less grip = more overtaking - in theory.

Not holding out much hope mind, still, Schumacher to win again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.
that means he will win 19 championship

twctopcat

International Regular
biased indian said:
one set i think consist of 16 tyres
It will be the same set of tyres used for the qualifying and race, i.e the whole of the race on one set unless of blowout etc, therefore theoretically no pit stops, though this concept is impractical. However with regards to less downforce etc giving better racing it will merely be more inconsistent IMO. Less downforce combined with less grip(tyres needing to last longer)will result in the cars being more unstable. This sliding will wear tyres out even further creating a vicious circle of lack of grip\tyre wear.This should hopefully make for more eventful racing. However the changes should allow one car to follow another car with less disturbance (dirty air) which will be beneficial to overtaking.
Ultimately the season will boil down to michelin vs bridgestone.

biased indian

International Coach
But as far as the rules up until last year u had to make one pit stop wihich was must
and i dont hink they have changed that so pit stops will be there

twctopcat

International Regular
biased indian said:
But as far as the rules up until last year u had to make one pit stop wihich was must
and i dont hink they have changed that so pit stops will be there
You never had to make a pit stop as far as i'm aware it's just that
a) the tyres wouldn't ever have lasted
b) no team ever made a big enough fuel tank to last the race as it would not have been aerodynamically efficient to encorporate in the chassis/aerodynamics. Though i'm not entirely sure if there indeed was limit on the size of the fuel tank, there may well have been.