• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Formula One discussion thread...

shaka

International Regular
I hope that Ralf Schumacher puts up a better challenge, and hopefully he has a better car are few crashes / problems. I would like to see Michael Schumacher win though

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
shaka said:
I hope that Ralf Schumacher puts up a better challenge, and hopefully he has a better car are few crashes / problems. I would like to see Michael Schumacher win though
ralf has a much worse car this season than he had in the previous ones....

why do u want michael to win, he always does...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
why do u want michael to win, he always does...
the same arguement could be made for the australian cricket team. but they still get stacks of supporters

Simon

andyc said:
the same arguement could be made for the australian cricket team. but they still get stacks of supporters
different circumstances, im sure even blind freddy can see that...

andyc

broncoman said:
different circumstances, im sure even blind freddy can see that...
not too different.. theyre both well ahead in their respective sports.
but then formula one isnt really my sport

Simon

the australian cricket team has been dominant for 10 years, using around 50 players, schumacher and schumacher alone has been dominant for 5 years in formula 1, im sure u see my point...

andyc

broncoman said:
the australian cricket team has been dominant for 10 years, using around 50 players, schumacher and schumacher alone has been dominant for 5 years in formula 1, im sure u see my point...
yeah fair enough. i was just saying that because one team or athlete is considerably ahead in their sport, it doesnt mean they should or will have a lack of support

twctopcat

International Regular
It is also easier IMO to appreciate the dominance of the australian cricket team from a viewers point of view by watching them bat/bowl etc. Watching schumacher win a race by half a min leading from start to finish is quite tedious. It is not the fact that he is winning that is boring IMO, it is the manner in which he wins, so effortlessly. If he were to win every race this season but by half a sec each time through great battles, it may not be classed as boring at all. That is not detract from schumacher though, he cannot help the fact he wins so easily, he simply gets the most from a superior car.

andyc

twctopcat said:
It is also easier IMO to appreciate the dominance of the australian cricket team from a viewers point of view by watching them bat/bowl etc. Watching schumacher win a race by half a min leading from start to finish is quite tedious. It is not the fact that he is winning that is boring IMO, it is the manner in which he wins, so effortlessly. If he were to win every race this season but by half a sec each time through great battles, it may not be classed as boring at all. That is not detract from schumacher though, he cannot help the fact he wins so easily, he simply gets the most from a superior car.
alright fair enough i see the point your making. i find formula one a bit tedious anyway

twctopcat

International Regular
I think, and hope Heidfeld gets it. Apparently Mario Thiessen prefers Heidfeld, and if BMW want him, i'd thought that would win over any other argument. Williams are doing there utmost to keep BMW with them so i doubt they would go against them here.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Good grand prix today, only got to see the second half of it due to it starting when my crickets on. Whats everyone's thought on the GP? and the next GP in Malaysia...

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Malaysia will be very interesting. I think it will be 2 DNF's for McLaren and a win to Schumi

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would like to know what Neil and others think after Karthikeyan's creditable 15th position.

One race doesnt prove any thing but the way he has been put off saying he got into it all just because of sponsorships, some thing on Karthikeyan by people who do not think highly of him would be good.

I would imagine he is not the worst as he has clocked better times than Montiero and I heard some one remark that one driver is chosen on talent and other cause of sponsorships.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
15th out of 20 is creditable? when 3 were retirements, that means he finished ahead of er...2 people!

one of whom was in a car with an untested aerodynamics package IIRC.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
superkingdave said:
15th out of 20 is creditable? when 3 were retirements, that means he finished ahead of er...2 people!

one of whom was in a car with an untested aerodynamics package IIRC.
Considering the car he is driving, I wouldnt say its a pathetic performance for a first race.

I am not a huge fan of Karthikeyan but he has been downplayed a lot more than necessary. He is not one of the worst drivers ever to race in the formula one which has been made out among fans apart from Indians.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
superkingdave said:
i didn't say it was pathetic

but he didn't beat any cars that were better that his.
I have wanted a perspective from people who have knocked him off totally before he even drove in a race. Whether a change of opinion has developed, if even slightly on him. As it stands, the answer seems no.