• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football team you support

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Which one of the millions do you support and why?

Myself - Barcelona

I have started watching this beautiful game with intricacy only from Euro 2004. Earlier the only football I used to watch were the major tournaments.

Watched all major teams and liked the sporting spirit of Barca, the manager Rijkaard, the awesome one touch football they play, the players in general from Eto to Ronaldinho to Guilly to Deco.. every one!

Spain is a country I have always liked for various reasons as well. I have got my favourite team's spot booked for Barca.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Plymouth Argyle (Coca Cola Championship)

My family are from the area, and I am still close enough by, so I have been able to get to quite a few matches now, so I am happy

twctopcat

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Plymouth Argyle (Coca Cola Championship)

My family are from the area, and I am still close enough by, so I have been able to get to quite a few matches now, so I am happy
A team very much on the up!! My team is Man UTD.

*waits for the chorus of boo hisses*

Langeveldt

Soutie
twctopcat said:
A team very much on the up!! My team is Man UTD.

*waits for the chorus of boo hisses*
Indeed.. Home Park looks great after the development.. A really great place to go and watch footie now, I hope we can cling on this season and justify the development..

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
before Sean comes in and tarnished this thread with his Pie men supporting tendancies ill announce my support for the real Latics, Oldham Athletic, not the pathetic, money buys success but not fans lot.

twctopcat

International Regular
Langeveldt said:
Indeed.. Home Park looks great after the development.. A really great place to go and watch footie now, I hope we can cling on this season and justify the development..
Will be tough but there is scope for growth because of the lack of big teams in the south west (though neil may disagree!).

Langeveldt

Soutie
twctopcat said:
Will be tough but there is scope for growth because of the lack of big teams in the south west (though neil may disagree!).
Nah, you are completely right mate.. Long term growth wins over flash in the pan cup romance any day (Although huge credit to Exeter lol)..

Ironically I think Football's main problem here is The Premier league, and to a lesser extent Rugby Union and Cricket, which rule the roost a bit more than anywhere else in the country

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bodø/Glimt :)

Grandad's from Northern Norway, about 60 km away from where they play, so even though I live about 1200 km away from them I feel I have a legit reason to support them. Plus it could hardly be said to be glory-hunting (any sensible glory-hunter here would support 13-time-champion Rosenborg). Add to that that my local team Stabæk are our version of Fulham (except without the old tradition), and as such I hate them with a passion.

Have a soft spot for many Norwegian teams - Fredrikstad (old history, charm, right next to where I go for the summer), Fossum (played for them for a couple of years), Odd Grenland (yes, because of the name, although it's not quite as...well...odd in Norwegian) and Fauske/Sprint (exact place Grandad comes from). Never got the hang of supporting teams outside Norway, though. Except a couple of Swedish teams.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Arsenal for me, mainly because (I suspect) we had a run to the FA Cup Semi-Finals in 1983.

We lost 2-1 to ManUre, BTW. :@

I also keep an eye out for my local team Cambridge United. The strongest team in The Football League! ('Cos they're on the bottom holding all the others up!!) :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
Ah, Stabæk, home of the legend of Tommy Svindal Larsen!
Some CM researcher must have loved him...opposite of the national coach. He gave him the occasional run in a friendly, but when it was time for the big matches, no use for playmakers...

To prove my point, though - he played for Odd Grenland and Start before moving to $tabæk. I don't think that team had any players from my area when they promoted in 95...