• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Exeter City v Man Utd - Spotters' Thread

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Now the fun is over Neil, Aren't a couple of your players implicated in the financial irregularities concerned with Russell? I read something last week in the times with Devine and Gaia being mentioned, whats that all about?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Thought I'd replied to this... hmm... vBulletin.

The overriding opinion amongst the Grecian hardcore is that Pinky and Perky are a pair of {I don't fancy Libel action}, and it's incredible that they mention it now, given that they themselves are under the eye of the law for creating a £3million black hole in the space of six months in the relegation season.

I'm taking it with as much belief as I took the Stewart/MK Gupta rumour.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
I was ignoring this thread but I saw Pickup's hair a mile off:

22 points.

20 for seeing the Ginger 2 for Inglethorpe.
I saw A ginger, too, but how can we be sure it was THE ginger?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Exeter were good but Man Utd was much better. The disparity in the goal chnaces shows this.This isn't all however but Utd did have a lot of space to just pass the ball around.Good try though by Exeter.

deep85

Cricket Spectator
It is good to see Man Utd still in FA cup. It was hard fought win over Exeter. I am a big fan of Utd but current squad is not that good. They will have no chance against AC Milan in the Champions League. Only FA cup is the silver ware they can hope to win this year. I hate some of Sir Alex's signings like Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson,Bellion. They dont deserve to be in the team. When is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer returning to action?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
I saw A ginger, too, but how can we be sure it was THE ginger?
There's only one Ginger!

Not even the Cardiff defender Collins (who by common consent is the most Ginger man ever, but claims to be Strawberry Blonde) can have the title "the ginger"

twctopcat

International Regular
deep85 said:
It is good to see Man Utd still in FA cup. It was hard fought win over Exeter. I am a big fan of Utd but current squad is not that good. They will have no chance against AC Milan in the Champions League. Only FA cup is the silver ware they can hope to win this year. I hate some of Sir Alex's signings like Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson,Bellion. They dont deserve to be in the team. When is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer returning to action?
Djemba-djemba is toilet, every pass he makes is a hospital ball and i'm fairly certain that i could do a better job in midfield. As for having no chance against milan i wouldn't be so sure. With rio and ruud back, anything, and i mean anything is possible.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
roseboy64 said:
Exeter were good but Man Utd was much better. The disparity in the goal chnaces shows this.This isn't all however but Utd did have a lot of space to just pass the ball around.Good try though by Exeter.
Thirteen shots to five... given that a) the vast majority of those chances were in the first few minutes and last few minutes and b) we matched them in the middle hour, I don't think "much better" is a fair assessment of the night.

And you get far more space to pass the ball in the Premiership than in the lower leagues, the difference was the movement of the United players (but Steve Flack skinning Quinton Fortune and then lasering a forty-yard cross field ball to Alex Jeannin will live in my memory forever, as will Scott Hiley nutmegging Ronaldo).

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
as will Scott Hiley nutmegging Ronaldo).
Even as a man utd fan i laughed at that, i called it about 5 sec before he did it!!
As for the game exeter made a valiant effort but whereas some games you get the feeling there could be an upset, this game was never one of them.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
twctopcat said:
Even as a man utd fan i laughed at that, i called it about 5 sec before he did it!!
As for the game exeter made a valiant effort but whereas some games you get the feeling there could be an upset, this game was never one of them.
Well that would be because Utd's team is worth around £150million, and Exeter's about 0.3% of that at a push. If Devine had scored...

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Well that would be because Utd's team is worth around £150million, and Exeter's about 0.3% of that at a push. If Devine had scored...
Man Utd's squad is worth that much because it is better, perhaps not by that ratio(you can't really statistically rate a player) but it is still better. The fact he didn't score is because he wasn't good enough, hence the technique of me!

"Sean devine, devine, doesn't score all the ****ing time" :D

chris.hinton

International Captain
Fair play to Exeter who where a great advert for Non League Football... and pushed Man United all the way. When Man United went 1-0 up i feared the worst for Exeter but Fair play to them Although i thought Devine should have made it 1-1 then it could have been different....

I saw Neil as well :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
twctopcat said:
Is that you in the crowd neil with black exe shirt on ?
Yep I think it is!

I remember watching that nutmeg of Ronaldo, absolutely brilliant.. As well as the ball which got stuck in the mud in front of the goal line !