• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

your best bowling/batting

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I don't know if this should go into Cricket chat but whatever.

What's the best ball you've bowled? My best delivery was in a school match where I was bowling with a lot of rhythm and pace and didn't give away much runs but didn't get a wicket either. So one ball I just gave a big rip and the ball spun from like 1 foot outside leg stump and hit the middle stump with a lot of pace. The batter moved to hit it but missed it completely.

My best batting feat was when in another match we needed 14 runs to win off the last 3 balls. The batter before me couldn't hit much, so he retired and I came to bat. And scored 2 boundaries off the first two balls and a six off the last.

Sudeep

International Captain
ReallyCrazy said:
I don't know if this should go into Cricket chat but whatever.

What's the best ball you've bowled? My best delivery was in a school match where I was bowling with a lot of rhythm and pace and didn't give away much runs but didn't get a wicket either. So one ball I just gave a big rip and the ball spun from like 1 foot outside leg stump and hit the middle stump with a lot of pace. The batter moved to hit it but missed it completely.

My best batting feat was when in another match we needed 14 runs to win off the last 3 balls. The batter before me couldn't hit much, so he retired and I came to bat. And scored 2 boundaries off the first two balls and a six off the last.
I'm sure there was a similar thread somewhere... either in Cricket Chat or Backyard Cricket.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
best batting shot - we were chasing about 6 an over and had a top order collapse, i went in at 3 for next to nothing. i went in and struggled for a few balls before deciding that we had to get abit of a move on, so the next ball i charged him and smashed him straight back over his head for 6 - stayed low, and went all the way onto a road.

best ball - the batsman was the oposing teams captain, quite over zealous with his celebtartions and generally annoying us, i was bowling to him and he was edging me everywhere annoying me farther. i was bowling off 2 steps because there was a step up onto the pitch (it was an away game so that annoyed me too) anyways i bowled an absolute ripper of an out swinger, heading down leg with sharp late swing back, trapping him on his crease in front of middle

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Best ball - got good drift into the guys legs he went to turn it into the leg side but it turned and he got a leading edge straight back to me, i nearly fluffed the catch but it got caught up in my jumper, which was way to big for me, and stuck.

Best Shot, not many to chose from but there was one where they put me in at 11 below this guy who was crap and i knew i was better than him, anyway i went in to partner him and we were gonna lose anyway. he got dropped and was playing and missing all over the shop. I went in and pulled the first ball over midwicket for 4, then i took 3, it was the 5th ball of the over - but he skied the last ball whilst trying to repeat my pull.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Favourite shot ever - Inside edge, ball hit stumps at fair pace, bails stayed on, rebounded off for 4. That was far from my best, but it was possibly the funniest, and it infuriated the bowler.

Favourite ball - my version of the Gatting ball.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Best ball I guess was one that pitched into the rough outside the batsmans leg stump, turned behind him and clipped his stumps.. Although I have done that loads of times so its hard to pinpoint an individual ball..

My highest score is 83*, which at number 3 I batted for 40 overs, was not out at the end, and we lost the match :(

My best innings was 80*.. Against good old Richard Huish College from across the road.. "Flipping murdering" them after coming in when we were up sh*t creek at 70 odd for 7 was the most satisfying feeling I have had in cricket, without doubt. Made even better by the fact that I disliked the people I was playing both with and against :@

Best all round performance was 6 for 28 and 34 not out.. We were absolutely hammered that time :(

Last edited:

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Best Batting: Their bowler was swinging the ball all over the place, and was fast too, and that's pretty rare at my level. I didn't have a thigh pad(but I had a box, thank the lord) so, I opened (Nevermind the whole thanking the lord thing), and survived, holding together the innings until I got a plumb ball on off stump that I missed. Now, that bowler managed to hit me hard on the thigh 3 times (big bruises), I managed to get ten, but this was in a team innings of around 60.

Best bowling: I bowled the ball, the batsmen did this sweep thing (but he was square on with me, so his left foot [right hander] was pointing at square leg, so his off stump was exposed) and the ball kicked up a bit, and angled outwards. Missed it completely, bowling middle and off.

Yeah.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pitched outside off, pitched again outside leg, took out middle stump.

Think the wicket was a bit dodgy.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I remember rolling a team over for 60 odd, who looked absolutely shocking with the bat..

Turns out they filled their team up with Somerset cricket board tailenders.. Who of course bowled rather sharply..

I didn't know this though, I thought they were just generally rubbish at cricket, judging bu the batting performance, so I walked out in a sunhat, I even forgot my box..

I lasted three balls, the only time I have ever been glad I got out :) We were bundled out for 38

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I have a 53* scored in around 45-50 balls in Dunedin second grade cricket, and a 49 scored last season.

I had a good season a few years back when I was trying to get it through like Anil Kumble using my height (I'm about 6 foot). Had one return of 6/21 off ten overs in a limited-overs match and a return of 5/40 and 3/15 in a two-day match.

I took 5/6 off eight overs in a 40-over match last year in Mid Canterbury but the standard wasn't flash.

Hardly had a bowl this season and the batting has been nothing to write home about.

cricket player

International Debutant
one down and i went to bat.I did not hit the ball hard i was more ken taking singele's rather then hitting fours my and my best friend put a good partnership of 85 and i was out making 40 runs.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
My best ball was one that pitched outside off, the guy left it, and it cut back in and sent middle stump flying back. I went on to take 4/22 of 15 overs. Not bad considering in Juniors that morning i had figures of 0/28 of 4 overs.

Best Shot was when i recieved a full ball on leg stump which i managed too clip over fine leg for 6, just sort of swung at it and connected well. Not so much best shot, but a guy in our team bet me $5 that i couldn't hit a six that day. He never ended up paying me in the end.

DJellett

International Debutant
BATTING: In a recent nets session, I charged a feisty medium pacer by the name of Chris Morris. I succeded in smashing him over 150 metres and into an adjacent soccer pitch.

BOWLING: In my best ever bowling performance (4/11), my first wicket was a straightening off spinner that I was rather unhappy with a first, so much so that I said an expletive as I bowed the ball. Imagine my surprise when I turned to see the stumps everywhere! A happy result from an unhappy beggining.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dark Hunter said:
My best ball was one that pitched outside off, the guy left it, and it cut back in and sent middle stump flying back. I went on to take 4/22 of 15 overs. Not bad considering in Juniors that morning i had figures of 0/28 of 4 overs.

If you were over here you'd not have been allowed to do that!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
DJellett said:
BATTING: In a recent nets session, I charged a feisty medium pacer by the name of Chris Morris. I succeded in smashing him over 150 metres and into an adjacent soccer pitch.
Bearing in mind the records for longest hit, anyone else find this a bit doubtful?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Bearing in mind the records for longest hit, anyone else find this a bit doubtful?
Yes.

Maybe the aforementioned Mr Morris actually ran at a medium pace down the net, stopped, and placed a golf ball on a tee for DJellett, who then pulled out a 3-wood and got it out past 150m?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
best ball: nothing too remarkable. the partnership was just gettin strong, and i was halfway through my first over (im a paceman). the ball pitched quite far outside leg and looked like it was going down leg side, so the batsman left it, but it swung back in and clipped the top of the off stump. sheer dumb luck really, but i still got the wicket.

best batting: pretty short list here. id have to say either when i clipped one of the fastest bowlers off my legs for four (although i was bowled the next ball), or when i scored the record lunchtime score at school in sydney in about year 4 (sad when i have to look this far back for a highlight). i scored something like 60 or 70 odd before i hit it over the fence (six and out). but my score was broken the next week.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
my bext ball wasnt even a wicket. i bowled at decent pace to my mate Daniel in the nets. It started way outside leg, swung to off and he played and missed.

best batting was for school. 9* off 51. golden innings :D